Young Boy Stabs Brother Over TV Shows

PHOENIX (AP) -- A 12-year-old boy stabbed his 13-year-old brother during a fight over what to watch on television, :blink: police said.

The 13-year-old was listed in extremely critical condition Monday night. The brothers were fighting in the living room of their southwest Phoenix home Monday afternoon.

The younger brother allegedly went to the kitchen, returned with a knife and allegedly stabbed his brother once in the abdomen with a 5-inch blade, said Phoenix Police Lt. Rob Howe.

The boys' father heard them fighting over the TV. He entered the living room and the victim told his father he had been stabbed by his younger brother before collapsing, Phoenix Police Sgt. Joel Tranter said.

A 7-year-old sister was home but in a different room at the time of the stabbing, Howe said. Police are treating the house as a crime scene and are still investigating.

The suspect was in custody Monday night, Tranter said.

source

violence happens because parents slack on their duties of raising kids properly, especially now that people are exposed to so much stuff.

*just in* boy cuts his fingers off while listening to satanic music, after being refused an ice cream. --- humanity is goin nuts i tell you

Lets make up a fake medical condition that Dr's can diagnose to kids who behave this way because the parents are cr*p.

And we'll call it ADHD!

ADHD IS NOT a 'fake' medical condition. I have it, and I know that medications CAN and DO help it.

The problem here is parents who allow them to play games like GTA, Battlefield, CS etc.

The problem here is parents who allow them to play games like GTA, Battlefield, CS etc.

Hey, are you planning on becoming a lawyer like Jack Thompson, because he sure likes to do the same thing you just did..?!

I've been playing video games for almost 30 years, and you don't see me out there robbing, or murdering people...video games have nothing to do with it!

ADHD IS NOT a 'fake' medical condition. I have it, and I know that medications CAN and DO help it.

The problem is to many parents use this as an excuse, basically to stop their child being excluded from school, makes it look bad for real sufferers, they just don't want to admit their child is stupid and undisciplined.

Hey, are you planning on becoming a lawyer like Jack Thompson, because he sure likes to do the same thing you just did..?!

I've been playing video games for almost 30 years, and you don't see me out there robbing, or murdering people...video games have nothing to do with it!

Games with guns where the person actually HAS to shoot, should not be played by people under 18. I don't give a damn how "mature" they are.

Ok I've been playing games where ya have to shoot and kill things since the first Doom games and probably before.

I first watched Freddy Kruger films when i was about 7 or 8, maybe younger.

I'm now 22 and have had several security checks done on me for jobs and have now done an enhanced form to check me for clearance to work for the Metropolitan Police. I'm clean.

Ergo - Violent video games/films etc do not make a person violent.

Bad upbringing and social environment cause violent behavour (And mental health problems too, but thats not part of this discussion)

If you check the first word in that news post it says, "PHOENIX" which is in America... See "Social Environment"

I would say with a lot of the content that YOUNG kids see these days are bad, and at that age you dont really know what you are doing...

Still, this new generation does seem to be a little whacky!

If you check the first word in that news post it says, "PHOENIX" which is in America... See "Social Environment"

Oh, I forgot that no violent acts have ever occurred anywhere else in the world, right?

My brother stabbed me once in the hand when we were kids. We grew up an a farm in rural England, no violote games, and 3 or 4 TV stations. Children don't learn the consequences of their actions until they are older, don't blame this solely on the parents or TV and games. Sounds to me like a child who simply hasn't matured enough to learn what he was doing could have had horrific consequences.

same **** happened with my sister.. except she stabbed me with a flat head screw driver on my back... it hurt like hell..

I have a friend whose brother took a flat-head screw driver to his hand (upper-side, not the palm) when they were kids. It wasn't bad, but it left a scar. I gave my sister a black eye with a yo-yo when I was 5; an "accident" if you will. ;) No violence (real or otherwise) in my home, I just wanted my damn Leonardo TMNT action-figure back. It's anger-driven short-sightedness that I suppose all children are capable of.