ATi Catalyst 7.11

You can't hotlink to AMD/ATI release notes. :p Sorry for the weird formatting on the bullets, but it's too much to edit.

Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System

This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst? Software Suite for Windows Vista. These include:

* Bioshock: Pulling the lever in the chamber no longer results in the game failing. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30493

* Bioshock, Lost Planet, and World In Conflict: Connecting certain dual link display devices to certain ATI Radeon? 2x00 series of cards no longer results in limited display resolutions being available. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30090

* Call of Juarez: Enabling CrossFire? no longer results in flickering being noticed when playing the DX10 version of the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29540

* Doom 3: Playing the game on a system containing an ATI Radeon? HD 2600 series of product and running the Windows Vista operating system no longer results in display corruption being noticed when using the console commands. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29978

* Fable: A black ring is no longer seen around the player character. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29939

* Hellgate, Lord of the Rings, PT Boat, and World in Conflict: Corruption is no longer noticed when AA is enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30487

* Rainbow Six Vegas: Setting the display resolution to 1600x1200 and applying the in-game settings to high no longer results in corruption being noticed when using an HDMI display device. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28826

* Roxio Creator Premier v9: MyDVD: Attempting to burn a DVD no longer results in the burn process failing at the encoding preview. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29937

* Serious Sam: the Second Encounter Demo: Game play is no longer delayed when playing the game on a system running Windows XP and containing an ATI Radeon? HD 2400 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29933

* A blank screen is no longer displayed after unchecking all the Component Video formats except when the 480i30 custom mode is applied. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27620

* Using PowerDVD to playback a Blu-ray title no longer results in the Windows Vista operating system failing with a 0x000000EA error. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29537

* A missing Korean character is no longer noticed within the install shield. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29931

* Catalyst? Control Center: An error message is no longer displayed when clicking on Help. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29934

* Setting the display device to 1600x1200 75Hz no longer results in the HD DVD playback window appearing blank. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29936

* Google Sketchup no longer fails to pan when AA is enabled on systems containing an ATI Radeon? X1300/1550/1600 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29941

* Setting the display resolution to either 1776x1024 or 1920x1024 30i no longer results in the display devices failing to resume from an S3 state. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29944

* Connecting a display device via Component Video as the primary display device and a DFP as a secondary display device no longer results in extended desktop mode failing to be applied. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30494

* Cyberlink Press Player 2911: Rotating the display by 90 degrees during playback of a DVD title no longer results in the Windows Vista operating system failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30495

* Google Sketchup no longer fails to pan when AA is enabled on systems containing an ATI Radeon? X1300/1550/1600 series of product 737-30496

* Playing a 1080i video file using WinDVD no longer results in Overlay Theater Mode failing to work. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30496

* GTA San Andreas: Enabling AFR mode and CrossFire? no longer results in corruption being noticed in the opening cinematic of the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30499

* A black screen is no longer displayed at the DVD menu when using WinDVD8 to play a DVD title with DXVA enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30488

* Hot plugging a D-sub DDC monitor to a notebook no longer results in the display device fails to switch on. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30489

* Connecting a TV as the secondary display device no longer results in the default resolution of 800x600 failing to be applied when extended desktop mode is enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30491

* Combat Mission: Shock Force Demo v1.02: Setting the ATI left-click compatibility option to off and starting a new battle no longer results in the game failing to respond when clicking the left mouse button on various options within the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30492

* A no signal error message is no longer displayed when the A/V sync on Component input source is set to 720p or 1080i resolution. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30595

Have they resolved the issue where if you use an AGP Radeon card, it'll cripple your OS?

Whats this problem?

I have an X800XL AGP and Cat 7.8, 7.9, and 7.10 all screwup DirectX. It doesnt work with those drivers.

I can't wait to see if 7.11 has fixed this problem. I am going to be ****ED if it doesn't. This will be my last ATI card.

Have they resolved the issue where if you use an AGP Radeon card, it'll cripple your OS?

Nope, it still cannot find DirectX.

i have an old agp ati 9600 and never had a cripple os problem

The problem mostly affects X1600s and X1950s that are used with an AGP bridge.

Nope, it still cannot find DirectX.

The problem mostly affects X1600s and X1950s that are used with an AGP bridge.

Yup, no DirectX again with Cat 7.11. I went and got Omegas Cat 7.10 and its working fine for me now. DirectX is working.

Can't believe ATI would keep these crappy releases going. Truly pathetic.