NVIDIA ForceWare 169.12 Beta

NVIDIA has new beta drivers up for download!

Release highlights:

# Beta driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.

# Fixes a resume from Sleep/Hibernate issue with GeForce 8800 GT.

# Recommended driver for Crysis (no Crysis changes from Release 169.09).

Download for Windows Vista

English: 32-bit | 64-bit

International: 32-bit | 64-bit

Release notes: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/169....lease_Notes.pdf

I like how NVIDIA is proud of "no Crysis changes from Release 169.09" to put it like that (N)

Unless you have a 8800GT this is a useless release.

I hate it how it takes so long for nVidia to come out with drivers and so often I see like 1-2 MAYBE 3 fixes in the drivers while the ATI ones come out like clockwork and have like 20 fixes for performance (10% increase here and 30% there with a ton of other fixes).

yeah, ati are alot better with their drivers BUT the cards are worse. so its worth it in the end, just stick to stable releases not the beta's as there are new ones every few days.

I hate it how it takes so long for nVidia to come out with drivers and so often I see like 1-2 MAYBE 3 fixes in the drivers while the ATI ones come out like clockwork and have like 20 fixes for performance (10% increase here and 30% there with a ton of other fixes).

+1 mate

Can someone tell me if these drivers (or the 169.09 drivers, since they're essentially the same) offer any improvement in FPS for Half-Life 2 over 163.75 (the driver that was released when the Orange Box came out)?

This driver certainly increases performance on directx 10 crysis if u have sp1 rc installed. And everyone can say no blah blah blah but how can u explain my 10 fps increase and my ability to almost max all settings out now (Very high directx 10) without lag on my single 8800gtx q6600 2gbs of ram that was struggling while playing crysis on high be4 i installed these drivers. Either God magically suped up my computer or these drivers increased performance a ton for me. Its funny how nvidia said its the same but its totally different for me plus my crysis benchmarks have also shown a great increase in fps. The only explanation i can give is it has something to do with sp1 rc or something. Soo if ur runing vista sp1 and driectx 10 give these a shot.

its hard to improve on perfection

crashed alien spaceship parts = nvidia

... or maybe NVIDIA don't have as much to have to fix as ATI do.

its hard to improve on perfection

crashed alien spaceship parts = nvidia

... or maybe NVIDIA don't have as much to have to fix as ATI do.

There are a ton of bugs still left in their 6-7 series Vista driver.

A ton. I shouldn't have to upgrade to an 8800GT to fix BSODs (an interesting side effect of my performance-oriented upgrade).

There are a ton of bugs still left in their 6-7 series Vista driver.

A ton. I shouldn't have to upgrade to an 8800GT to fix BSODs.

Didn't say there wasn't. Not at all.

From what I've seen ATI has less to fix, at least compared to that video line from nvidia. And you may not have said it but hapbt called them perfection, post was talking to both of you ;)