New update for Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Japan

Yeah i wasnt expecting it to be in GT5P but if they are tying up with Top Gear with episodes and the test track they HAVE to include the lacetti.

I can dream :(

dream? Dude were getting the track, and downloadable episodes... You really don't have to dream I'm sure it will be in there... the question is waiting....

Ok so GT5P is about to be released... 40 cars, 5 tracks. But they want 50 tracks and 650 cars for the final game... even though they probably won't do much to the game engine from the GT5P version to the GT5 final (maybe a few things but really at least they have it built for the most part). But modeling 610 cars and 45 tracks could take a while... I don't expect to see it until November 2008 at the soonest... I hate to say it but probably later then that.

What would be good is if they offered a small discount for those who buy GT5P, when GT5 finally comes out. Kinda like Tomb Raider Anniversary on the 360. If you have a copy of TR:Legend you get Anniversary slightly cheaper iirc.

Why do you want to drive the Lacetti, drive the Liana!

Because the Lacetti is the more recent "reasonably priced car", the Liana is the old one they dont use anymore.

What would be good is if they offered a small discount for those who buy GT5P, when GT5 finally comes out. Kinda like Tomb Raider Anniversary on the 360. If you have a copy of TR:Legend you get Anniversary slightly cheaper iirc.

Won't happen im afraid :( They've never done that before.

I'm sure PD know Prologue is just really for the GT fanatics who can't hold off for the full game - There is usually quite a lengthy gap between installments. And also a large gap between Prologue and GT5 - therefore everyone interested in the game gets jealous of those playing Prologue :p

And to show people are willing to buy Prologue, here are the sales for GT4 Prologue.

Gran Turismo 4 Prologue

* 790,000 Flag of Japan Japan (2003/12/04 ~ 2006/12)

* 410,000 Flag of Europe Europe (2004/05/26 ~ 2006/12)

* 110,000 Flag of Hong Kong South East Asia (2003/12/04 ~ 2006/12)

* 50,000 Flag of South Korea South Korea (2004/01/15 ~ 2006/12)

* 1,360,000 total sales (2003/12 ~ 2006/12)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_4_Prologue

GT5 Prologue offers more, so we'll see how it does!

talk about paying big bucks to play a glorified demo... :rofl: :p

I'd much rather pay $45 for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue then $59 for Need For Speed: Pro Street

Are the prologue version available even when the final, full version has been released?

Couldn't actually tell you :/

They might phase out the Blu Ray copies, but keep the PSN copy?

Infact is GT5 Prologue coming to PSN? I've been running about saying it is, and I'm not actually sure - I'm 99% sure though, just doubting myself :laugh:

Won't happen im afraid :( They've never done that before.

I'm sure PD know Prologue is just really for the GT fanatics who can't hold off for the full game - There is usually quite a lengthy gap between installments. And also a large gap between Prologue and GT5 - therefore everyone interested in the game gets jealous of those playing Prologue :p

And to show people are willing to buy Prologue, here are the sales for GT4 Prologue.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_4_Prologue

GT5 Prologue offers more, so we'll see how it does!

That sucks :(

imo, even if I was a die hard fan of the series, I would rather wait for the full game which I assume will be RRP ?40, and get all of the content that's included in GT5P + more and keeping the ?23 from GT5P in my pocke(Y)Y)

Couldn't actually tell you :/

They might phase out the Blu Ray copies, but keep the PSN copy?

Infact is GT5 Prologue coming to PSN? I've been running about saying it is, and I'm not actually sure - I'm 99% sure though, just doubting myself :laugh:

For GT5P in JP it's 4,980 Yen for the Blu-ray Disk and 4,500 Yen for the PSN download.

It's expected for them to do the same everywhere else but nothing is confirmed yet.

How annoying play asia won't ship this to the UK *Sulk*

Check earlier in the topic mate, YesAsia do ship to the UK!

wow, i'm so tempted to import this.

Watch these and get ready to throw away some cash! :p

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/u...r_en&tt=url

^

Good long walkthrough (13~15mins I think), in english. Definite watch.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27391.html

^

4 min interview with gameplay.

These are a month or so old now, but I recommend all GT fanatics watch them. As I also said, we are getting a new trailer for Prologue on the 9th :woot:

Hold up (again)! Prologue isn't the full game? If I'm following the conversation here correctly, are you telling me there exists...

* Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Demo (out now)

* Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (coming soon)

* Gran Turismo 5 (coming later)

Are they for real? Does the Prologue/demo/whatever-you-call-it cost money? Please tell me I'm just being an idiot.

Hold up (again)! Prologue isn't the full game? If I'm following the conversation here correctly, are you telling me there exists...

* Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Demo (out now)

* Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (coming soon)

* Gran Turismo 5 (coming later)

Are they for real? Does the Prologue/demo/whatever-you-call-it cost money? Please tell me I'm just being an idiot.

Correct with the versions.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Demo (out now)

That is free, everything else costs.

Holy crap. I really wanted a PS3 for this, but I don't like to support moronic decisions. Why the hell would they do something like this? Is the Prologue like an episodic thing that can be updated?

Holy crap. I really wanted a PS3 for this, but I don't like to support moronic decisions. Why the hell would they do something like this? Is the Prologue like an episodic thing that can be updated?

Prologue isn't the full game.

It's a cut-down version of the full title that PD have released with EVERY installment of Gran Turismo.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature 16-player online races, 40 cars, 5 tracks (8 layouts)

Look at the 2 videos I posted on the previous page, one is an in-depth walkthrough of Prologue.

The biggest addition to this years Prologue is online-play. The PS2 copies didn't have this.