Which is the best TV brand?

I hear Pioneer and Samsung are one of the top, I don't know but most places I see have Samsung.

I also hear that the new Pioneer Kuro is probably the TV HDTV out there.

It's tough to say which is the best, per se. You have to first look at which technology you want to go with and then you have to look at individual model numbers. Going by brand name can be a decent place to start, but you can get burned if you let only the name sway you.

It's tough to say which is the best, per se. You have to first look at which technology you want to go with and then you have to look at individual model numbers. Going by brand name can be a decent place to start, but you can get burned if you let only the name sway you.

I read one of your posts before reading this and I think I might go with a plasma because of the picture quality.

I read one of your posts before reading this and I think I might go with a plasma because of the picture quality.

If you're looking at plasma, you have two options, IMO. Pioneer has the best image quality, easily, but they are very expensive compared to other units. Panasonic's sets aren't as good image wise, but they still trump almost every set in that field other than the Pioneers and, I've heard though never seen, Fujitsu's and are much less expensive than the Pioneers.

I love the Pioneer sets, but I do realize they are expensive and out of many people's budget. The Panasonic plasmas are a compromise you could live with if the Pioneer price tag scares you off.

If you're looking at plasma, you have two options, IMO. Pioneer has the best image quality, easily, but they are very expensive compared to other units. Panasonic's sets aren't as good image wise, but they still trump almost every set in that field other than the Pioneers and, I've heard though never seen, Fujitsu's and are much less expensive than the Pioneers.

I love the Pioneer sets, but I do realize they are expensive and out of many people's budget. The Panasonic plasmas are a compromise you could live with if the Pioneer price tag scares you off.

Just checked them out and the prices don't scare me off, but it's more than I need right now since I do not have a dedicated media room yet. I have a fairly large apartment so 42" might be the highest I am willing to go. I found this but 1080p at 1024x768 pixels? That doesn't sound good.

Just checked them out and the prices don't scare me off, but it's more than I need right now since I do not have a dedicated media room yet. I have a fairly large apartment so 42" might be the highest I am willing to go. I found this but 1080p at 1024x768 pixels? That doesn't sound good.

It accepts a 1080p signal, but converts it to it's native res. You need to understand that Plasma's use rectangular cells, so their resolutions can be lower, but go to a store and compare that Pioneer to any set around it. It will stand out for all the right reasons. It will appear just as sharp and the colors will completely destroy those of any other set.

I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma and a 32" Sony Bravia. I much prefer watching the Plasma TV a lot more, not because of the size, I just like the picture better.

It accepts a 1080p signal, but converts it to it's native res. You need to understand that Plasma's use rectangular cells, so their resolutions can be lower, but go to a store and compare that Pioneer to any set around it. It will stand out for all the right reasons. It will appear just as sharp and the colors will completely destroy those of any other set.

Oh okay. I was in best buy today looking at them but didn't really do any comparing. Now, if I don't go Pioneer, what would you say is second in line? Panasonic?

Oh okay. I was in best buy today looking at them but didn't really do any comparing. Now, if I don't go Pioneer, what would you say is second in line? Panasonic?

As far as plasmas go, yeah, the Panasonic is next up. There aren't nearly as many good plasma manufacturers.

Sony Bravias are by far superior as of when I last checked. I saw some ad on my TV (yeah it's a Bravia :p) about some Aquos thing and it looks sweet.

You're basing your opinion of the Aquos line on an ad for the set?

If you're looking for a cheap LCD TV, go with an Olevia. I bought a 37" back in February for $749, and I love it. It has a nice clear, crisp picture compared to some of the other brands I have seen. Most Olevia's, I've read, have LG panels in them...

Plasma - Panasonic

LCD - Samsung

But if I had the money I would buy a Sony XBR TV, wow those are just simply amazing.

Oh good grief, no.

Plasma is easily Pioneer. As for LCD, Samsung is at the top, but probably tied with Sony and Sharp is VERY close behind.

Oh good grief, no.

Plasma is easily Pioneer. As for LCD, Samsung is at the top, but probably tied with Sony and Sharp is VERY close behind.

bangbang, you have helped very much and I appreciate it. Now, just to recap what you are saying, Pioneer is the top of the line Plasma and Samsung is the top of the line LCD followed closely by Sony and Sharp.

What is it that seperates the Samsung from the Sony & Sharp?

Edit: Also, at what size can you see a noticeable difference between 720p & 1080p?

Edited by C-Squarez