Young Girl Dies after Teens re-act "Mortal Kombat"

2 Accused In Death Were Reenacting 'Mortal Kombat'

GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4/AP) ― Two teens accused of trying to imitate the "Mortal Kombat" video game have been charged in the death of the 7-year-old half-sister of one of the teens.

Lamar Roberts, 17 of Westminster, and Heather Trujillo, 16 of Johnstown, were arrested Tuesday night. Both were charged as adults in the case.

Johnstown police responded to a home Dec. 6 and found Zoe Garcia, 7, not breathing. Garcia was taken to North Colorado Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

The teens were baby-sitting Garcia, Trujillo's half-sister, on Dec. 6 while the sisters' mother, Dana Trujillo, 30, was at work. A phone number for the Trujillos could not be found. Court documents say the teens began wrestling, supposedly playing "Mortal Kombat."

Zoe lost consciousness after being hit, kicked, and body-slammed to the floor, an affidavit said. She also stopped breathing.

Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving Zoe under running water and attempted CPR before calling the sisters' mother and then 911, according to affidavits.

Roberts told police he was downstairs playing video games while the sisters wrestled upstairs, but a witness quoted in the affidavit said Roberts told her he had kicked the girl.

Full story: http://cbs4denver.com/crime/child.abuse.te...s.2.614284.html

This is so sad... :( There's a video news-report on that page.

Wow :|

That game was always violent but you don't really expect people to do the moves for real!

No, especially not when they're 16 and 17. Idiots. Why on earth would you go and try to reenact that game, especially on a 7 year old girl.

-Spenser

16 and 17?? More like 3 and 4. What the hell? I have nothing more to say than I am speechless, what were they thinking? Oh wait, they obviously weren't.

the game cannot be blamed... the kids who did this where clearly pretty stupid if they actually hit/kicked/body slamed that young kid on the floor "for real"!

can people actually be THAT STUPID? ... cause theres a thing called "Common Sense" , but it appears they lacked this very basic of human senses :( wtf!?!?

the game cannot be blamed... the kids who did this where clearly pretty stupid if they actually hit/kicked/body slamed that young kid on the floor "for real"!

can people actually be THAT STUPID? ... cause theres a thing called "Common Sense" , but it appears they lacked this very basic of human senses :( wtf!?!?

Correction:

It _Used_ to be common sense. I officially renamed it rare sense a few years ago when I realized the world was insane and braindead. ;)

I like the way that a game is instantly blamed, despite the fact that things like bodyslams are regularly done in wrestling on tv and wrestling has always seemed to be a bit of an american fascination to me..... So blame that instead :yes:

if he tried to rip out the kids heart yelling " Fatality " or something i could see the link.

can you even body slam in the MK Series anyway

and this is game is how OLD?, along with it took soo long to finally link a death to that game

if he tried to rip out the kids heart yelling " Fatality " or something i could see the link.

Yeah, I don't understand the link either. It just seems like the media just randomly picked some violent game for a scapegoat. I, for one, am getting sick and tired of videogames being blamed for human stupidity.

Waiting for Jack Thompson's "I told you so moment".

Tragic nevertheless.

If that ambulance-chasing worm exploits this as some warped publicity stunt I'm going to find him and pull his limbs off myself.

Your right, there is nothing that really says it was "Mortal Combat", the media always need something to blame..

hit, kicked, and body-slammed
That sounds more like wrestling...