Adobe CS3 contains spyware

also, lol @ the fact that nobody knows data what this actually sends.

i agree... why does everytime people hear about a program calling back to something, they automatically assume that program is going to steal info like passwords and financial info >.>

Photoshop splash screen could transfer my "financial data" to Adobe or whatever?

No, not the Photoshop splash screen, but any application that has net access on your system. You gave Photoshop net access, it can transmit whatever data it feels like. It is even worse for security applications with low-level access to your system. Something like an AV or software firewall can contain a keylogger, or a filter for certain keywords (like credit card numbers), or backdoors for Al Qaeda. Adobe doesn't do that, but why should we have to worry about any application doing it? Yeah, I know how to block applications, but how do you propose to block applications that require net access? The entire practice of spying on users should be made illegal for ANY company so we don't have to worry about this at all.

If you visist 2o7.net, they provide a link the allows you opt-out as well (surprisingly).

Yep, it seems they're not exactly trying to hide what it does...at least, once you get to that page.