Wii Component Cables, are they worth it?

Look on amazon.com. I got mine for less than $1. Shipping hurts but order some other cables too and it doesn't really affect shipping that much. I got 2 HDMI cables and the Wii component cable for like $16 shipped.

Edit...

There was a noticible difference on mine. It's still not GREAT (I have a 1080p TV) but it's better.

I finally just took the plunge and ordered cables for $7 with shipping from Amazon, so at worst even if they arn't that great, its only $7. :p

I finally just took the plunge and ordered cables for $7 with shipping from Amazon, so at worst even if they arn't that great, its only $7. :p

hook a brother up with a link....

thank u ;)

~X

hook a brother up with a link....

thank u ;)

~X

I just searched around on Amazon and it was probably used I don't know, I just thought for $7 even if it is from a used seller, oh well.

As already stated, if on a HD display then the difference is huge. On my 24" LCD Monitor the composite cables produced a really fuzzy image for me so that you couldnt reallly read say the word "weather" on the main dashboard. With the component the image is ALOT more crisp and vibrant. It may have been partly due to how my display handled composite, but I know the improvement was massive and for a HD display I would definetly recommend having the component cables.

I learnt my lesson when I bought third party VGA cables for my 360, so I'll picking up the Ninteno leads.

You had a bad exerpience with those too? I got mine off ebay for about $15 but I never knew if they displayed the best image quality possible, I was always a little suspicious...:(

As already stated, if on a HD display then the difference is huge. On my 24" LCD Monitor the composite cables produced a really fuzzy image for me so that you couldnt reallly read say the word "weather" on the main dashboard. With the component the image is ALOT more crisp and vibrant. It may have been partly due to how my display handled composite, but I know the improvement was massive and for a HD display I would definetly recommend having the component cables.

The tv is a flat screen SDTV tv with 1 set of components in back. I think the TV is somewhere near 30 inches and its a Sony.

I got mine third party cables and i have to say it doesnt look too bad.

I connected it to my 24" Monitor via Component and the graphics alittle better compared to composite but because the picture was being scretched so much (i disbaled 1:1 and had 16:10 set) but to be fair, it wasn't that bad.

For expectations, i got a good buy paying only ?7 inc delivery for the cable, but i would in no right mind buy the official cables since i barely use it and i don't think there is any difference between the one i got and the Nintendo ones.

Overall i am happy.

I payed ?10 for some third party cables (Joytech, i think) from Play.com. OH MY GOD!:oo

MASSIVE difference!! Everything looks sooooo much better:DD (Panasonic 42" Plasma HDTV) I can't believe I didn't get these sooner:||

-Rich-

I payed ?10 for some third party cables (Joytech, i think) from Play.com. OH MY GOD!:oo

MASSIVE difference!! Everything looks sooooo much better:DD (Panasonic 42" Plasma HDTV) I can't believe I didn't get these sooner:||

-Rich-

Rich, is your HDTV 1920x1080 1080p compatible? If so what does the scretching look like? My monitor is 1920x1200 so it has more pixels to fill which proberly is not making the picture all that great. I know i had the Wii connected via Composite on our downstairs TV (which is only 1366x768) and it didnt look that bad. On our 19" it looked much better from the same cables. Still this is the best i am going to get so i can't really moan, only paying ?7 for it. There isn't a massive difference, but its very clear to see that the signal is better, but still the Wii is restricted to 480p.

Rich, is your HDTV 1920x1080 1080p compatible? If so what does the scretching look like? My monitor is 1920x1200 so it has more pixels to fill which proberly is not making the picture all that great. I know i had the Wii connected via Composite on our downstairs TV (which is only 1366x768) and it didnt look that bad. On our 19" it looked much better from the same cables. Still this is the best i am going to get so i can't really moan, only paying ?7 for it. There isn't a massive difference, but its very clear to see that the signal is better, but still the Wii is restricted to 480p.

There's no stretching, your tv just going to display at 480p, everything will look crisper and refreshed with better colors, but is still low rez.

Bought some Component Cables for my Wii yesterday. Man, they made a huge difference on my 50" Samsung DLP! Everything looks so crisp and vibrant now. So glad I bought them! :happy:

There's no stretching, your tv just going to display at 480p, everything will look crisper and refreshed with better colors, but is still low rez.

No if its 480p on my Monitor it will display 1:1 if i select it, hence be in the middle and be very small since it will be the naive res. If i select 16:10 then i get the full screen, hence stretching takes place since it is filling the screen.

I am kinda disappointed with mine really. Its hard to see even if its the cables themsevles. The picture looks kinda dull and less vibrant than i would of thought. Prehaps its the Monitor i have and the way its filling the 1920x1200 pixels. Maybe ill do some tweaking tomorrow to see if i can sort the picture quality out.

Ok i have concluded that the cheap Wii Component cables i brought are actually rubbish! No only is the colour is quite poor but when ingame i get flashing spots/corrupt images which show near the top and the the bottom all the way across It is not visable from the Wii Menu. I am pretty annoyed actually by the fact that after waiting almost two weeks for the bloody thing to arrive from this guy i brought them from, they are pretty crap :(

I will now take the advise from others and only buy Official cables. Ill have to find somewhere they are instock now :(

Overall very disappointed. I know a few users in this thread bought cheaper cables, please check when in any game, if there are any areas which look corrupt, or just don't look right.

Edited by PiracyX

My Joytech ones work great :)

And no, it's only 1080i capable (I think the res is 1024x768, it's really strange!) :p

-Rich-

So you don't get any artifacts or anything anywhere on sceen while in-game? Thats good. Mine were made by some unknown make which had Wii spelled like Wu. Ill just have to buy myself the Official cables or something. I basically paid ?5 for it and ?2 delivery. I was going to contact the guy who sold me them but doesnt seems worth it since its not really his fault, apart from the slow delivery. Ill ring around GAME stores tomorrow to see if they have them in stock. I guess the saying is true, You buy cheap, you buy twice.

Actually it might not even be the cables at all but the games. Its not my Monitor as i tested the 360 via Component at 480p and 1080p and it was fine. It happens in some games i try, most of the time in game while playing. This is really weird. Its either my Wii or the cable. The Wii Menu is clear with no artifacts at all and it's set to 480p which i double checked.