Company says "Hack my Product"

?HACKERS, welcome! Here are detailed circuit diagrams of our products ? modify them as you wish.?

That?s not an announcement you?ll find on the Web sites of most consumer electronics manufacturers, who tend to keep information on the innards of their machines as private as possible.

But Neuros Technology International, creator of a new video recorder, has decided to go in a different direction. The company, based in Chicago, is providing full documentation of the hardware platform for its recorder, the Neuros OSD (for open source device), so that skilled users can customize or ?hack? the device ? and then pass along the improvements to others.

The OSD is a versatile recorder. Using a memory card or a U.S.B. storage device, it saves copies of DVDs, VHS tapes and television programs from satellite receivers, cable boxes, TVs and any other device with standard video output.

Source http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/business...amp;oref=slogin

• 2 months later...

Is this similar to the PC game modding by any means?

Nice attitude. But I'm not a "skilled" user. They should provide a mod pack and something like the StarCraft campaign editor.

Is this similar to the PC game modding by any means?

Nice attitude. But I'm not a "skilled" user. They should provide a mod pack and something like the StarCraft campaign editor.

:huh: :blink: :wacko: I don't know how but i had all these expressions mixed together after reading this