• Norton Speed Disk
    • O&O Defrag
    • PageDefrag
    • PerfectDisk
    • Vopt
    • Windows Defrag
    • Other (please specify below)

Question

A fresh "Best Defragmenter" poll for 2008. Please use this as a reference when researching Defrag utilities. As time goes on, the poll can be updated to add further options.

Happy voting!

Many ppl seem to use PerfectDisk , whats so special about it.

Been using Diskeeper since a long time and am satisfied with it.

Just curious about PerfectDisk.

It's very thorough, only has one version for all features (unless you need the server version,) has a pretty decent interface, and instead of paying every time they release a new version you get a really damn cheap yearly or biyearly upgrade plan.

Not much else to say. I haven't used Diskeeper in years so I can't say how good it is, but the tier thing ticks me off.

After trying out perfect disk, diskeeper and some others i decided to go back to windows vista disk defragmenter...i really don?t trust those third party aplications and i think they only mess up your system...imho

After trying out perfect disk, diskeeper and some others i decided to go back to windows vista disk defragmenter...i really don?t trust those third party aplications and i think they only mess up your system...imho

+1 under vista i think you only need the one that comes with vista,under xp those others may be good.

out of curiosity i tried Perfect Disk after using diskeeper so many years.

PerfectDisk rocks must say , its smartplacement tech works gr8.

I did get some transfer speed boosts and the defrag speed was also good.

So now i am quiting Diskeeper and using PerfectDisk for all my defrags.

I use Ashampoo Magical Defrag, it claims to stop fragmentation, and unlike other defragmenters it doesn't hog resources, and automatically does a defrag every 2 weeks or something lol and knowing me I would forget to do it manually lol.

ashampoo defrag dont seem very good,either use the vista one or perfectdisk and set it to run idle every 1 day every 1 min.

I really like diskeeper, but it always holds onto my external drives and doesn't let me format or eject them when I plug them in, even though I've disabled new drive detection in the diskeeper options.

I prefer diskeeper because I keep my computer on all the time and it defrags while it's idle, but I really like Perfectdisk's pre-boot defrag as well as how fast it works. Also, between the two, it seems that I notice the most performance gain from Perfectdisk, so my vote is cast for Perfectdisk.

JKDefrag

i add / delete / move around a ton of large files all day long (no not pirated movies :p ) JK being 64-bit helps the speed quite a bit when defraging

and when i use it on my C: i notice huge increases in speed when windows boots and logs on

as well it has lots of different types of defraging and options of what and how to defrag stuff

OO 10 works well on VISTA SP1, I use it!

I've been using AusLogics Disk Defrag for a few weeks now. I love it.

Only thing i wish they would add is scheduled defrags.

Perfectdisk 2008 Build 52(Latest) is the best version to use tomera IMHO