Cloverfield (2008)

After watching this I get the same feeling I got after watching those hatch videos from Lost.

Well it is Dharma :shifty:

Cloverfield_-_Dharma_Logo.jpg

I thought Cloverfield was an great film for its type (Video Cam) In the cinemas and with a good sound system is the best way to watch it, simply because its not as scary without the loud sounds! I also like how they tried not to show much of the Monsters, it made it feel more like your actually there.

The acting wasn't all that bad either, definitely a DVD buy!

Acting 8/10

Visual Effect 10/10

Audio Effect 10/10

Overall 9/10

• 4 weeks later...

I'm late to this party since going to the movies is a rare occurrence, but I enjoyed the movie. It was definitely thrilling and man, that monster is ugly. Can't wait to see where else they go with it. It's a good thing my wife and I didn't bother seeing it in the theater, because she would've been one of those people wanting their money back from all the shakes. On a personal note, Hud didn't know when to shut up, and sometimes that became annoying. He probably said Rob as many times as Shia says no. The effects were really well done and the acting was superb. The monster jumping out at the helicopter, that was pretty wicked (and I wish I could've seen that on the big screen). 7/10

eh, this move was really disappointing for me!

Expected a lot more there... the ending just left you with a eh, ok. Hmm this wasnt worth watching!

eh, this move was really disappointing for me!

Expected a lot more there... the ending just left you with a eh, ok. Hmm this wasnt worth watching!

I just got around to watching it for the first time and don't understand the hype. It was horrible movie, IMO. The beginning was too long and ehh... and then the rest of it wasn't much better. A few special effects weren't enough to redeem this movie.

I just got around to watching it for the first time and don't understand the hype. It was horrible movie, IMO. The beginning was too long and ehh... and then the rest of it wasn't much better. A few special effects weren't enough to redeem this movie.

I have to agree with this person here because movie kinda sucked actually. I didn't see it in the theatre but I think the movie was about as good as blair witch. We all remember how bad that movie was and then to make it even better they made a second part to it. Which the second part sucked even more IMO. But this is OPO that is all.

Loved the movie.

Always been a fan of movies using handheld cameras (especially if the cameraguy depicts a character), it gives an extra realistic touch.

However, for this genre, the camera was just shaking too much and at points it just got very annoying (and so was the guy with the camera).

Small annoying parts in a great movie tho.

Just saw this and I'm glad I rented it rather than going to the theater. The shaky camera jazz was cool for the first 5 minutes, but seriously got old fast...We all knew it was a monster flick going in but there were too many things that just didn't make sense. The ending left me wanting the last 85 minutes of my life back.