who uses aperture?

I was just wondering who uses aperture. Couple of you guys have persuaded to me to try switching to it from iPhoto, and I've done that. But I have a lot of questions and was hopping I could ask somebody instead of making 1000 posts about it here.

I've also tried Aperture and Lightroom for my pro/hobby stuff. Can't decide at the moment but warming more towards Lightroom. iPhoto is better for my pron collection. :whistle: :blush:

I used to use Aperture and it was great for what it did but my Macbook just couldn't handle it. Things got sluggish due to its crummy gpu and slow hard drive.

Lightroom was much faster in speed, but I despise its workflow with the different modules. I'm constantly finding myself having to change from Library to Develop and it just got plain frustrating.

So right now I'm doing Bridge/Photoshop.

I use Aperture but I'd advice you to go on the web and look for tutorials, manuals, ... . They help an awful lot and a lot of questions will be solved by just reading - and studying - them. I tend to say that Aperture is not an easy application to work with.

I'm constantly finding myself having to change from Library to Develop and it just got plain frustrating.

Yea that bothers me a lot. That's probably the #2 or 3 reason I don't want to use LR.

Lightroom for me. I agree with giga about the switching from library to develop, they could have made that neater. But I still use it anyways, I wonder if it will stop annoying me at any point. Oh well. Never ever liked Bridge, dunno about on macs, but I've always found it awful on Windows.