Windows7 M1 screenshot?

details for sb who thinks it's genuine

several versions, IA32 and X64, with or w/o debug info.

Setup is similar to Vista,It still shows Vista Ultimate and Vista Home Premium when selecting which version to Install, but has the characters ?Windows 7? in the Pre-Release lisence. The system will create a 500M partition, maybe support for EFI.

reboot once during installation

some new apps, XPS Viewer EP ,PowerShell and balabala....

Recovery Center, Change font size in Display ,Windows Sensors and so on..

just copy leopard and be done with it! lol -i i always thought apple had a great OS, but felt that Microsoft's OS was great because it brought its OS to the masses. what we need is for MS to make an OS as great as OSX, but for the masses. i think thats also where the stability and stuff breaks down, the very nature of a mass market OS means that it has to work with everything -leading to flaws and holes -its a vicious cycle.

im by no means an IT guy or an expert, just a normal guy laying out his two cents.

Umm no, Microsoft build tags are in the following format:

Build number.YYMMDD-HHMM

Got it?

Funny 'cause on my XP box it isn't. Maybe a bug? I'll run Windows Updates to see if I can get an update and see if it changes.

See, thing is, people say they want something different, but as soon as MS changes something as drastic as that, they're going to end up in the middle of a s**tstorm because people don't actually want change.

It's really too bad.

-Spenser

Isn't that the truth. That is one thing that is extremely annoying. They chant we want change, we want change. Then MS changes something. OMG you changed something. I hate you. Why couldnt you have leaved well enough alone. I hate "any version of windows that happens to be new at the time". M$ sucks! Blah blah blah.

Really sucks people have to be like that.

Faaaaaake. Looks exactly like Vista.

Longhorn looked like XP in the first builds then changed to Plex and XP looked like 2000 in the the first build then changed to Watercolor. I don't think we are going to see big UI changes in the first builds.

See, thing is, people say they want something different, but as soon as MS changes something as drastic as that, they're going to end up in the middle of a s**tstorm because people don't actually want change.

It's really too bad.

-Spenser

I'd love a radical change. But it would be difficult for businesses to try and support if they're users are on multiple OSes :laugh: Training would be a nightmare.

I doubt there will be much difference. Here is here Microsoft ultimate goal. They are going to start producing a new Windows version every couple of years and Windows is going to move to a subscription service just like Anti-Virus programs are. So this is not a surprise that there will be little difference between 7 and Vista. Eventually there will be two Windows version in development just cause it takes longer to revamp the entire OS like Vista did. Please tell me that this isn't a surprise to most of you?

I think its real, Taskbar looks more tinted btw. I can't wait to see what will happening at PDC this year. :)

Is it true with everything loaded in M1 the resources approximate 4xx MB of RAM occupied?

Have they implemented MinWin in M1 or is it still too early?

Looks quite interesting, and seems to be real. But I can't really believe the mem-occupation of ~480MB. Why isn't Vista that small ? I need 1 GB of my 2 gigs just to feed Vista.

@statm1

If I would use only 1 gig, Vista would also reduce its memory-hunger, but now it has room, so vista uses it. im looking forward to an upgrade to 4 or 8 gigs.. and if i have 8 gigs, vista would use 2 gigs, i think. bcause it does not matter (mostly) anymore. i just installed stalker a few hours ago, and while installing, i got only 160mb ram free, means nothing worked smooth, not even my mouse-courser !

That systray one reminds me of the way KDE4 (that's Linux for those who don't know) handles plug and play hardware. It does look a lot like Vista and the only thing I like about that is they used the black task bar. Ah well, I don't intend to use it anyway.

Personally I think this looks real. As it's been stated over and over again. Vista looked like XP when it was early in development. Really though I'm more interested in how well it performs, and any new features than screenshots.

I have learned to trust Creamhackered's post's from the Longhorn beta days, this is very real. I am expecting any major revision to the ui to be kept under wraps for a while. I remember back in the day when Paul released his aero concept and everyone cried fake and it turned out to be pretty much accurate. Cant wait to see what paul digs up this time.

Faaaaaake. Looks exactly like Vista.

Well numb skull, what do you think Vista looked like in Beta1? A lot like Windows XP but with a green 'start' menu.

These screenshots are exactly what I expect Windows 7 to look like this early in the piece.

Man, this is entertaining to read.

When that "review" leaked, everyone wanted a screenshot for proof. Now screenshots are here, and people still say it's fake.

The only way everyone is going to be satisfied is if Steven Sinofsky himself posts a screenshot.

Whether you want to believe it or not, these are real.

lol at everyone calling it fake.

They don't know, but I guess we have experience in Windows Beta's and know that this is exactly what could be expected from an M1 build of a new operating system. ;)

I hope they go back to the standard folder view of Win2k/XP. My girlfriend's laptop has Vista on it and it is a headache to use. If you can change everything to a legacy-look [like having a tree on the left side by default], let me know. Its horrible. If they don't make the next version more friendly, I'll be staying with XP even longer.

Click "Organize".

Then "Layout" > tick "Navigation Pane"

Then drag the "Folders" area on the tip so that you drag it up, and over the "Favorite Links" area.

As per this....

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...vista-explorer/

Does anyone remember First few M Builds for "CODENAMED LONGHORN"? They looked just like Windows XP with nicer themes. Same goes for what's happening now. They are in the Transitioning of the User interfaces. its with all development. Whether its fake or not I don't know, but surely we should see something by the end of 2008, if all goes accordingly to Microsoft's plan.