A computer shop's sales pitch: 'We remove Vista'

I don't know why people hate vista so much. to be fair It still feels foreign in even though I've been on it for 2 months. Probably just takes time. On had 1 bluescreen and vista was nice enough to tell me it was caused by my nvidia driver so that was nice. I did have to update one piece of software, but after the fact it was just a vista glitch and the old software was working ok

i dont get it either.

my computers not the newest or greatest and i havnt had any problems.

only blue screen ive gotten on vista was accidentally installing an nvidia driver for xp :laugh:

i dont get it either.

my computers not the newest or greatest and i havnt had any problems.

only blue screen ive gotten on vista was accidentally installing an nvidia driver for xp :laugh:

1. It's requires more memory.

2. It's different from Windows XP and might require some retraining.

3. Some applications don't work very well under or at all.

I've downgraded about 500 laptops and desktops for the company who have their training around Windows XP and want consistency in their company. I imagine Windows XP will be the mainstay for years to come as they just migrated from Windows NT 4.0 and some Windows 2000 machines.

This is exactly the problem; most here do not deal with corporate clients. I have 4 big companies with 100+ PC each and a large percentage of the PC's on the networks are Laptops. Most of these come with Vista preinstalled and they ALL have to be downgraded to XP Pro! The accounting, tax software etc will not work with Vista and most of these people also use the same PC's outside of the office and the perception is that if it (Vista) causes problems in the work environment it will also do so in the home environment! Most users are just that, users, they use a PC and do not know much more. Let me add that I have no beef with Vista but still personally prefer XP. I have a few PC?s that have been running Windows Vista Business flawlessly since the product was released to the public.

The hardware warranty is still valid. I installed Linux on my Compaq. All they required is that I put Windows back on when I called to troubleshoot with them.

Saying "OMG Teh Warranties!!!11" is spreading Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

i hope people know that their warranty is gone if they install a different OS>

Perhaps where you come from but not here! This does not affect warranty/guarantee at all. All of the PC's that I purchase are from direct suppliers, perhaps that's why.

Ever been to New Hampshire? Change is not something that happens easily in New Hampshire.

i still get people complaining about vista in new york city. it's funny how i get "I don't want change... I think I'll try Mac"

lamers.

I think there's just the release problems that people are still complaining about... How many times do I have to hear... "My printer that I've had since 1999 doesn't work with it...." or "my iPod doesn't work with it"... meanwhile, 1. get a new printer, 2. iPods work fine with it.

im getting home premium soon on my new laptop.....i thought about bringing back Xp...but then i thought that i might aswell give vista a shot and see what all the fuss is about.

I am curious what that store owner is going to do to drum up business after June of this year when new XP licenses are no longer available from Microsoft.

I am curious what that store owner is going to do to drum up business after June of this year when new XP licenses are no longer available from Microsoft.

cracks + fake keys + get shut down and sued.

What do you mean? With service pack 3 slated for release soon i dont think microsoft will drop the ball on xp just yet. Along with, the news sources does not state what kind of xp he is using, since if he is using a corp. edition then he is already set with activations and what not

I think there's just the release problems that people are still complaining about... How many times do I have to hear... "My printer that I've had since 1999 doesn't work with it...." or "my iPod doesn't work with it"... meanwhile, 1. get a new printer, 2. iPods work fine with it.

So, your solution is to just buy new hardware because you have Vista now? Throw away that "old" printer, even if it still works.

Sound reasoning. Can't find a flaw in that!

You can/will be able to buy volume licenses from MS, and bulk licenses.

Just shows that the people running the store are technical noobs and haven't really got a clue.

So, do they sell Windows XP? What happens with the Vista license. Dodgy

You seem to have forgotten that the customer is always right..... I know that it is a though concept, what with so many believing that the corporate is god and all and knows what's best for everyone.....

:no: Do you own / owned a copy of windows vista? I would love to see you prove you purchased a copy of it. You must be misinformed, getting your impressions of earlier builds and/or friends/the internet.

I actually bought a copy of Vista the day after it officially came out and used it for nearly 6 months before finally dumping the POS. I know what I'm talking about and did give it more than a fair chance. It is the worse OS that Microsoft has ever made. Plus, I have nearly 25 years of experience with Microsoft's OSes and the like. Stop being such an apologist..

Oooo, catfight.

Can I watch?

Seriously. Not everyone likes the same things. I know that's a huge newsflash, but is it really worth insulting eachother over?

I've been using Vista since before it came out. I'd say the first eight months (six if you're only counting retail) were really hard to deal with sometimes, but it's been great past that point.

The problem was peoples expactations and what they got were completely off center. I mean, when someone buys Windows, they expect it to act like Windows, right? 95-XP all functioned basically the same way as far as usability, if not as far as features/bugs.

Vista is something new. And I expect the way Vista does things will still be in at least two more OSes. In this respect, I can liken Vista to Windows 95. It does a lot of new things for people, maybe it doesn't do them perfectly, but it's a great start to a line that promises good things. (Of course, w95 was terrible, at least from my recollection, but it sure was easy to use!)

Am I rambling? Yes. I worked last night and have yet to go to sleep. Honestly though, I at least hope people who were disappointed early by Vista will give it a shot with SP1. MS is just as aware that they had some rough edges on the finished product as everyone else is.

Anyway, I think my bed is over here somewhere, so <zzz>

Memory should not be used as an argument because memory is currently DIRT cheap!

But we all know how fast that can change........ "Its not what Vista can do for you, but what you can buy for Vista......" Its a consumer product that forces you to buy even more consumer products just that well behaved sheep. Its designed that way.

So, your solution is to just buy new hardware because you have Vista now? Throw away that "old" printer, even if it still works.

If you are in that situation either upgrade the printer or downgrade to an older OS, it is the manufactorer's fault if they stop supporting a product.

But we all know how fast that can change........ "Its not what Vista can do for you, but what you can buy for Vista......" Its a consumer product that forces you to buy even more consumer products just that well behaved sheep. Its designed that way.

if your outdated hardware can't support the latest software then use whatever version it can support! If you insist on using the latest software, which was written for recent hardware, then upgrade your hardware! How hard is that to figure out? If we followed your reasoning and insisted that all new software must run perfectly on all current hardware, we'd still be stuck with 5" floppy discs.

Vista makes people buy more hardware like sheep huh? Wow. I've never been called 'stupid' in so few words before.

What did I have to upgrade for Vista? Oh right, nothing. I only upgrade for games. If that made Vista work better, cool.

I'm sure some people would use the sheep argument with regards to gamers too, but hey whatever floats their boat.