NeowinCAST News Edition for February 7th, 2008

Neowin.net presents the NeowinCAST News Edition for the week of January 30th, 2008. This week, Christopher Vendemio (bangbang023) and Rob Wright (Rob) discuss the following topics:

• Microsoft offers to buy Yahoo! (read)
  • Companies helping customers downgrade from Vista to XP (read)
  • Microsoft delaying Vista SP1 due to driver concerns (read)
  • Opera Mobile 9.5 shown off (read)
  • 16GB iPhone and 32GB iPod Touch released (read)

Click play to listen to the show immediately or follow the appropriate links to download the current episode. Enjoy, and remember to leave your comments about the show, either as a comment below this news post or with our new voicemail numbers:

post-32224-1191535736.gif(216)-2200-NEO post-32224-1191535864.gif (216) 220-0636 | post-32224-1191535742.gif0151 324 CAST post-32224-1191535864.gif 0151 324 2278 | post-32224-1191539458.gifneowincast

softicon.gif Download: NeowinCAST News Edition Episode #36 (Right click, Save As)

linkicon.gif Subscribe: Via iTunes | Via Zune | Via RSS

Oh Bang bang, you've made me the happiest Podcast listener in the world!

Yes, a thousand times yes!

Now that I've got that out the way, I just have to wait for iTunes to update the podcast and download it. *hums to himself*

Bah, I messed up the RSS feed. I'm correcting it now. I got stuck with editing this week, and by the time I was done, I wanted to get everything else done and over with.

And thanks for listening :D

I got stuck with editing this week, and by the time I was done, I wanted to get everything else done and over with.

Heh yeah that's how I usually feel. I think we both love recording it, and both hate editing it.

i just listened to it, and i think i will be giving you guys a phone call beginning of week over the "going back to XP thing..."

as for SP1 torrent, i would download it if i had vista

Edited by Nicholas-c

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the iPhone and iPod Touch simply PDAs with touchscreen interaction? Haven't PDAs always been able to do what the iPhone and iPod Touch can do now? If you took that away, don't you have virtually the same thing? It's got functionality just like a PDA, so why are we looking at it like an MP3 Player with all these other features when it is in fact a PDA? If I'm overlooking something, please tell me.

Mathachew, it's all about bringing it to the wider consumer. PDAs have long been the gadget of choice for business professionals and technology enthusiasts. By marketing it as an MP3 player with additional functionality, it brings it to a larger audience.

Mathachew, it's all about bringing it to the wider consumer. PDAs have long been the gadget of choice for business professionals and technology enthusiasts. By marketing it as an MP3 player with additional functionality, it brings it to a larger audience.

True, but at the end of the day it's a touchscreen PDA, but no one treats it like that, not even technology enthusiasts.

No show this week. Rob was busy with his personal life and after getting fed up with my mic as it progressively has gotten worse and worse, I had to wait until today to buy a new one.