Windows Vista SP1 RTM is Now Available for Download on Connect!

That's good to hear then. Any perormance gain is welcome with a SP but in the past you never really got that. I remember all the XP SP2 stories about how performance went down with that over XPSP1 with benchmarks etc.

are there any official url's for the iso directly from Microsoft if you are not a beta tester/msdn subscriber?

I really want a slipstreamed copy because I'm about to reload my Vista Ultimate copy but I don't want to use my retail copy as it has no updates at all.

negative.

• 3 weeks later...

Has Windows Vista SP1 been released on Windows Update? I just ran it and it found Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Should I go ahead and download it?

Has Windows Vista SP1 been released on Windows Update? I just ran it and it found Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Should I go ahead and download it?

Yeah they are releasing it in waves, it will show up on some people systems but not others, you can download it fine if it shows up.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft have just got Windows Vista x86/x64 SP1 with Product key DVD Kits added to their replacement media list

But its under back ordered so another 2 weeks

I got my slipstream ISO shortly after RTM, so this matters little for me. It is a nice improvement but as i told MS, i hope they don't consider SP1 "case closed" in terms of performance and reliability enhancements...... I have a 2GHz machine with 2GB ram, and i still have perf issues semi-regularly.

Will MS be providing links for the general public with SP1 integrated?

I'm wondering about that as well.

Scirwode

Will MS be providing links for the general public with SP1 integrated?

No. The private download was taken down the first week in March.

If you have a Retail copy of Vista, you will be able to buy a DVD of Vista w SP1 from MSFT when available. MSFT does not supply OEM DVD?s.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-us

Edited by M118LR