The Big Wrestling Thread!

That's why TNA in it's current form will never get better ratings than the 1.1 or whatever it is it did a few months ago. It'll never be WWE caliber in any way with the stuff they put on TV. Don't get me wrong, they have some of the BEST wrestlers in the world in TNA, but the angles they do, the acting in those angles and the overall presentation of the product is just horrid most of the time.

WWE may be stale and to PG and all that crap, but they have top notch production values and their people can act (usually) in whatever angle it is. Of course that speaks to the fact that TNA isn't in the same league as WWE and doesn't have the money to put on such a high quality style show. Still, TNA usually (not always) just looks cheap.

Which is a shame because AJ Styles, Samoa Joe (when he's not being buried and he doesn't give a **** when he's being buried), Austin Aries and quite a few others are top notch guys who deserve better than TNA can currently offer them.

Well-said. No idea what TNA's current ratings are at the moment, but surprisingly, the number of viewers actually increased this week up to 1.33 million from 1.27 million last week. Going from past ratings, it's roughly a 0.96, probably a tiny bit more.

As for WWE, well, they're finally starting to listen to the fans by making the shows more edgy. I guess they realised you can do edgy and still keep it PG.

Fully agree on the production values as well. TNA has its unique production points, such as louder ring noises, segments in the gorilla position (I personally love that one; it makes the show feel less scripted), etc. but it obviously looks and sounds cheaper than WWE.

I think when it comes to TNA's wrestlers, the main issue is that the creative team are focusing too much on both Hulk Hogan (plus Brooke) and Jeff Hardy. Well, at least Hulk's staying out of action. Jeff Hardy meanwhile seems to have become their equivalent to John Cena. At least Sting's returning next week.

I can put up with the crap though because of the actual wrestling. I've been putting up with WWE for the past few years, so it's not exactly difficult. Obviously there is a list of things I'd want to get rid of in TNA at the moment: Jesse, Robbie E (keep Robbie T, revert him back to Rob Terry), Brooke Hogan, and Jeff Hardy's inner monologues. As for changing things, I'd want to see Bad Influence regain the tag team champions (going back to being the "World Tag Team Champions of the World"), Jeff Hardy dropping the world title to pretty much anyone, an end to the Aces & Eights storyline (it's been dragged out too long now), and for Matt Morgan's rivalry with Hulk Hogan to come back into the picture (that's been pretty much forgotten about, thanks to A&8 plus Brooke & Bully Ray).

Also, Bully Ray needs to be World Champion. There I said it. The guy totally owns now, period. He's even better in the ring, which is shocking to me. I always thought of him as a spot guy, kinda like Hardy, but he's actually a pretty damn good mat wrestler apparently. I say give him the ball and let him roll with it for awhile. He certainly earned his stripes by now I'd say.

Also, Bully Ray needs to be World Champion. There I said it. The guy totally owns now, period. He's even better in the ring, which is shocking to me. I always thought of him as a spot guy, kinda like Hardy, but he's actually a pretty damn good mat wrestler apparently. I say give him the ball and let him roll with it for awhile. He certainly earned his stripes by now I'd say.

I'd fully support this! (Y)

Title Change at RAW Taping:

At tonight's tapings in Washington, DC, Kofi Kingston chose to defend his title against Wade Barrett and lost the match. This Barrett's second run with the Intercontinental Title.

So either Kofi is injured or he failed a Wellness test

I just think they want to give Wade the strap

and also from the same raw

At tonight's WWE RAW tapings in Washington, DC, John Cena announced that he will be entering in the 30-man Royal Rumble match next month. Cena then promised to win the WWE Title in 2013.

Cena is the first confirmed name for the 2013 Royal Rumble match.

So what, they were teasing a Ryback turn or something? Or a DB turn (again)? I don't get the context of that cap!

Oh I know, DB wanted a hug!

He :wub: hugs :p

Whoa, he does look like Sabin. To bad it isn't him though. I'd love to see Sabin in WWE already. Same with Shelley who as far as I know hasn't even gotten a try out in about 6 months now or something? Retarded.

Whoa, he does look like Sabin. To bad it isn't him though. I'd love to see Sabin in WWE already. Same with Shelley who as far as I know hasn't even gotten a try out in about 6 months now or something? Retarded.

He was in talks with WWE, Shelley that is but nothing came from it...tis a shame he could do well