The Big Wrestling Thread!

This week on Bauer & Pollock, former WWE creative writer Court Bauer shares his thoughts on the passing of Eddie Guerrero eight years ago this month and reveals plans the sports-entertainment organization had for the legendary grappler at the following year?s WrestleMania pay-per-view event in Chicago, Illinois. Bauer also squashes the rumor of Guerrero being scheduled to win the World Heavyweight Championship from Batista during their feud.

Bauer recalls, ?It was twenty-four hours before he passed away, I believe. Twenty-four hours, forty-eight hours, something like that. We had a call with Vince at home, and we were talking about the preliminary plans for WrestleMania. I know there?s this romanticized story about how Eddie was going to get the title, and that was the plan that he was going to get it that night or at Survivor Series. That wasn?t the plan. I think Stephanie said that, or alluded to it on the air, and that was not the plan. The plan was that he would lose, and I think they were going to return in December. We had talked about a fascinating idea; I?m not the biggest Bruce Prichard fan, but to his credit, I believe it was Bruce Prichard who pitched putting Eddie Guerrero at WrestleMania against Shawn Michaels and doing the parallels of their careers. Being the heartthrob in Mexico and this mercurial figure south of the border, and the American version being HBK.

?They had never really worked, and you would?ve had such a great dynamic between the two with heel Eddie versus Shawn. That?d be your ?tear the house down,? high quality match at WrestleMania 22 in Chicago. Vince was like, ?God damn, that?s really appealing. We could parallel their careers. What kind of footage of Eddie do we have outside of WCW? We could really do some impressive packages.?
In 2005, Bret Hart worked with WWE for the first time since the infamous ?Montreal Screwjob? by contributing interview footage and selecting matches for a DVD highlighting his career. With Hart in bed again with WWE, Vince McMahon proposed that they fight at WrestleMania 22.

Bauer recalls, ?We talked a lot of matches, and the other match at WrestleMania 22 was going to be Vince versus Bret in a street fight, that they would do in a convoluted manner several WrestleManias forward. Bret had just come back into the company in a very informal way. He had just agreed to do the home video release. (Vince) literally, on that call, got Bret on the other line and pitched him doing the match. Bret was uneasy, but was thinking he could possibly do it as long as there were no hits to his head. We?re sitting here like, ?Holy sh*t, we didn?t think we?d be talking about a Bret/Vince match!? Vince pitched that match and said, ?What do you guys think?? Everyone was like, ?Yeah, no sh*it! Of course! Bret versus Vince, yes! That?s huge.?
Bauer continues, ?A week or two later, Vince said that match was no longer an option. I think it had to do with something on Bret?s end.?

Man I can't believe how stupid Vince is concerning Daniel Bryan. The guy is SO OVER it's not even funny. That video from the UK tour should cement it. I mean, I know people in a crowd just join in etc, but come on. Look at that ######.

Yeah so ratings won't skyrocket with Bryan as champ, guess what Vince, your numbers suck anyways. Put out a good product consistently and hey, people might watch in larger numbers again! Bryan is a great personality even if he is a bit two dimensional at this point his character (all great characters go through this though, mostly) and is one of if not the best mat workers you have in the company! Also, his beard is epic. I just don't understand why Vince won't give him the belt or even push him all the way to the top.

Also, anyone else kinda excited to see a Shield face turn? Or at least some part(s) of the Shield turn face? I think Ambrose could be a terrific face.

• Like 1

Man I can't believe how stupid Vince is concerning Daniel Bryan. The guy is SO OVER it's not even funny. That video from the UK tour should cement it. I mean, I know people in a crowd just join in etc, but come on. Look at that ****.

Yeah so ratings won't skyrocket with Bryan as champ, guess what Vince, your numbers suck anyways. Put out a good product consistently and hey, people might watch in larger numbers again! Bryan is a great personality even if he is a bit two dimensional at this point his character (all great characters go through this though, mostly) and is one of if not the best mat workers you have in the company! Also, his beard is epic. I just don't understand why Vince won't give him the belt or even push him all the way to the top.

Also, anyone else kinda excited to see a Shield face turn? Or at least some part(s) of the Shield turn face? I think Ambrose could be a terrific face.

Vince won't push Daniel Bryan unless he's using steroids.

everyone knows Vince prefers watching bulky oiled up men than those who have talent and don't rely on PEDs to get ahead

Man I can't believe how stupid Vince is concerning Daniel Bryan. The guy is SO OVER it's not even funny. That video from the UK tour should cement it. I mean, I know people in a crowd just join in etc, but come on. Look at that ****.

Can't count on crowd reactions. They do 'Yes' when Big Show is leading it. Stupid ***es, thats exactly what Vince wants. Nothing against show, but its not his thing.

I don't know how you can judge Bryan's drawing power. The rest of everything is so weak that its not fair. And they constantly put him down for the entire time he was challenging for the title.

Two time WWE champion, has held the belt for about 22 hours. Thats fantastic. /s

The synopsis refers to all 17 of Shawn Michaels? WrestleMania matches being included on the DVD. However, WWE have been in touch with us and have stated that the WrestleMania 20 triple threat match (which Chris Benoit competed in) will in fact NOT be on the set.

WWE have confirmed with us that all other WrestleMania matches with HBK will be present. The February DVD/Blu-ray release will be a compilation of those 16 matches, along with newly filmed interview footage with Shawn Michaels.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-clarifies-inclusion-of-chris-benoit-dvd/54614/#.UopW3lDW-Ew.reddit

You know, this AJ Styles storyline, and how they are having the balls to do what WWE didn't...

What would really shake things up would be if he lost it...

Certainly would. It'd hark back to the old days of the territories in America, but the difference now would be you wouldn't be able to rewrite history if you wanted to, like WWE did with Bob Backlund's title reign, for example. He officially held the title for 2,135 days (February 20th 1978 - December 26th 1983), but actually held it for 648; lost it to Antonio Inoki in Japan, who held it for 6 days, vacated the title after a rematch, and Backlund then won the title back 11 days later in New York against Bobby Duncum, and held it for 1,470 days until he lost it to The Iron Sheik on Boxing Day 1983.

Thank god for Wikipedia! :P