Arsenal's Eduardo Leg Break !

how no one from arsenal didn't jump him after that tackle is beyond me. soccer players are a punch of pussies... In hockey that man would die...

Different sports, I thought you understood football?

how no one from arsenal didn't jump him after that tackle is beyond me. soccer players are a punch of pussies... In hockey that man would die...

Yeah but we condone a mass brawl it would result in the whole team getting fined and suspended.

Different sports, I thought you understood football?
Yet he calls it soccer...
Yeah but we condone a mass brawl it would result in the whole team getting fined and suspended.

soccer football whatever. This is why when haters of the sports call football players a bunch of girls (i know it's a little harsh) i understand where they are coming from. You pull this off in any other sport things would go crazy. And to be honest, i don't think it's just football, it's more european football. I have seen some south American games where if you attack a superstar you will pay the price for it. Things like this happen in north america too. Yeah it may be goon soccer but for a sport that is tied to so much violence (i.e. football firms) would defend their teammates, don't sit there look at him and waves your arms like a fairy. It sends a message of this will not be condone and honestly, it really brings a team together when situations like this come up. I don't know, maybe it's cause i am canadian and i grew up watching and breathing hockey and i am used to seeing things done this way, but i still think the sport is lacking "balls".

and yeah, sometimes i call it soccer, get over it, you also call field hockey hockey over there, and hockey ice hockey.

it may be goon soccer but for a sport that is tied to so much violence

Hooliganism has nothing to do with football, anybody that thinks otherwise is an idiot. It's taken a long time to take our national game back from these people and there is still a long way to go.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Yet in hockey, you have 50 lbs of padding...

Euro football players are some of the most fit and talented athletes in the world.

Try running hard for 90 minutes and still be able to blow past a defender under pressure.

Running is a lot more fatiguing than skating.

Also note how unorganized hockey is compared to football.

There's a reason that football is the most popular sport in the world.

soccer football whatever. This is why when haters of the sports call football players a bunch of girls (i know it's a little harsh) i understand where they are coming from. You pull this off in any other sport things would go crazy. And to be honest, i don't think it's just football, it's more european football. I have seen some south American games where if you attack a superstar you will pay the price for it. Things like this happen in north america too. Yeah it may be goon soccer but for a sport that is tied to so much violence (i.e. football firms) would defend their teammates, don't sit there look at him and waves your arms like a fairy. It sends a message of this will not be condone and honestly, it really brings a team together when situations like this come up. I don't know, maybe it's cause i am canadian and i grew up watching and breathing hockey and i am used to seeing things done this way, but i still think the sport is lacking "balls".

Come on man, how do you seriously expect it to fit into a game? It might be fine in hockey where you are covered in pads, have fewer players in an enclosed rink and have more rolling subs. Can you imagine a 22 person brawl involving players with no pads and 'fans' running on the pitch and joining in? I don't think so. It doesn't do anything for the sport, it'd only be going backwards.

and yeah, sometimes i call it soccer, get over it, you also call field hockey hockey over there, and hockey ice hockey.

What good would going all in do? I dunno, i guess not everybody likes kicking seven bells out of each other. Maybe european football players are more civil and respect other people unlike the countries you mentioned.

because this wasn't america? you dont jump someone for mistiming a tackle. if he jumped in at him then something may have happened.

you go on about "soccer" players being pussies but why in ice hockey do the refs stop a "fight" the second someone falls? when 2 people are holding each other and keeping the heads hidden isn't a fight

That is a horrendous injury.

I don't know, maybe it's cause i am canadian and i grew up watching and breathing hockey and i am used to seeing things done this way, but i still think the sport is lacking "balls".

That is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry but I now have ZERO respect for you and think it is disgusting that you could suggest such a thing. Violence is NOT the answer to situations like this and the fact that you think it is reflects very badly on you. The world needs less people like you and more people that can act in a mature and rational manner. Restraint shows real character. The last thing we need is a group of highly paid professional athletes acting as mascots for yobbish behaviour.

What good would going all in do? I dunno, i guess not everybody likes kicking seven bells out of each other. Maybe european football players are more civil and respect other people unlike the countries you mentioned.

South America is not like rajputwarrior said.

In Brazil football is a serious sport and violence is not admitted.

If someone wants to fight (or something like this) there'll always be a lot more to avoid it.

Football is all about technique, that's the beauty and that's really harder to accomplish than pure violence. That's why it's a worldwide sport. :)

Yet in hockey, you have 50 lbs of padding...

Euro football players are some of the most fit and talented athletes in the world.

Try running hard for 90 minutes and still be able to blow past a defender under pressure.

Running is a lot more fatiguing than skating.

Also note how unorganized hockey is compared to football.

There's a reason that football is the most popular sport in the world.

you do not have fifty pounds of padding, and hockey has a ridiculous amount of strategy, clearly the game is to fast or smart for you to understand the amount of talent and coaching that is involved in the game. How is it less organized then football? Are you saying things like a 2-4-4 don't occur in hockey? I am presuming you have never heard of the trap? or the 1-1-3. Or the diamond or box formation when killing a penalty or crashing the net, or orchestrating a play in gretzky's office (behind the net). I am not saying soccer players aren't fit, you are clearly putting words in my mouth because i agree that they are they are in incredible shape. But you try moving around like they do in skinny blades HARD for fifty seconds in constant motion while changing on the fly. Soccer players are stop and go, stop and go. Hockey action never stops, you are ALWAYS moving, and moving fast. Hockey players (especially goalies) are some of the best athletes in the world. Goalies with lose a couple of dozen lbs a game, i don't see any soccer player doing that.

Come on man, how do you seriously expect it to fit into a game? It might be fine in hockey where you are covered in pads, have fewer players in an enclosed rink and have more rolling subs. Can you imagine a 22 person brawl involving players with no pads and 'fans' running on the pitch and joining in? I don't think so. It doesn't do anything for the sport, it'd only be going backwards.
because this wasn't america? you dont jump someone for mistiming a tackle. if he jumped in at him then something may have happened.

you go on about "soccer" players being pussies but why in ice hockey do the refs stop a "fight" the second someone falls? when 2 people are holding each other and keeping the heads hidden isn't a fight

clearly you have know nothing about hockey either. Fighting is so respected in hockey it's ridiculous. Fighting prevents cheap shots. And yeah just because not every fight is like a heavy weight boxing fight. Honestly, soccer players, especially european ones are a bunch of girls. They embellish nearly EVERYTHING (not the english ones usually, they are pretty good). The amount of diving is ridiculous, it's just embrassing to watch a spanish or portuguese game (ronaldo especially, as good as he is, he is a little girl that dives like crazy).

And i am sorry, that tackle was more then mistiming, when you go studs up full on dive at a guy, that is not mistiming, the same sort of tackle happened to ronaldo last week, luckily he got out of the way. People saying hockey is dirty are dumb, their are so many dirty tackles in the game it is sick.

That is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry but I now have ZERO respect for you and think it is disgusting that you could suggest such a thing. Violence is NOT the answer to situations like this and the fact that you think it is reflects very badly on you. The world needs less people like you and more people that can act in a mature and rational manner. Restraint shows real character. The last thing we need is a group of highly paid professional athletes acting as mascots for yobbish behaviour.

i fully understand both of your points. I guess i just grew up watching a tougher sport where the teams usually take care of them selfs. If you cheap shot a guy you go in a defend your teammate, no questions asked.

clearly you have know nothing about hockey either. Fighting is so respected in hockey it's ridiculous. Fighting prevents cheap shots. And yeah just because not every fight is like a heavy weight boxing fight. Honestly, soccer players, especially european ones are a bunch of girls. They embellish nearly EVERYTHING (not the english ones usually, they are pretty good). The amount of diving is ridiculous, it's just embrassing to watch a spanish or portuguese game (ronaldo especially, as good as he is, he is a little girl that dives like crazy).

And i am sorry, that tackle was more then mistiming, when you go studs up full on dive at a guy, that is not mistiming, the same sort of tackle happened to ronaldo last week, luckily he got out of the way. People saying hockey is dirty are dumb, their are so many dirty tackles in the game it is sick.

and going to "fight" someone while being more defensive than mr 'i like to defend' defenseman is being less "girly"?

you dont appear to have actually seen the tackle. you can't slide feet first without leading with studs, he didnt jump or dive at eduardo. want to see someone jump at a player? try looking for an attempted tackle by kuyt for liverpool earlier in the season.

like i said early, the only reason his leg got broke was because taylor was slightly late, any early and he gets the ball, any later and eduardo is jumping and just gets clattered, not injured

and going to "fight" someone while being more defensive than mr 'i like to defend' defenseman is being less "girly"?

you dont appear to have actually seen the tackle. you can't slide feet first without leading with studs, he didnt jump or dive at eduardo. want to see someone jump at a player? try looking for an attempted tackle by kuyt for liverpool earlier in the season.

like i said early, the only reason his leg got broke was because taylor was slightly late, any early and he gets the ball, any later and eduardo is jumping and just gets clattered, not injured

clearly you didn't see the tackle, it was dirty as hell, and yes he DID jump at him, look at the pictures. ANd you can slide tackle a guy without showing your studs our having them pointing up, as astounding as that may sound... a buddy of mine went through this exact scnario but in the back of the leg and it toke three surgerys to repair it, i hope martin taylor careers get completely screwed over for what he did. he should be gone for at least the rest of the year

post-59649-1203908209.jpg

post-59649-1203908215.jpg

clearly you didn't see the tackle, it was dirty as hell, and yes he DID jump at him, look at the pictures. ANd you can slide tackle a guy without showing your studs our having them pointing up, as astounding as that may sound... a buddy of mine went through this exact scnario but in the back of the leg and it toke three surgerys to repair it, i hope martin taylor careers get completely screwed over for what he did. he should be gone for at least the rest of the year

pictures dont show the true story, i have seen it in slow motion and at full speed, even saw it live. he did *not* jump in, want to see someone jumping in? try find kuyt's tackle against everton. he jumped probably around 2 / 3m

here we go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ePZ7w_JAI...feature=related tell me how taylor jumped in without leaving the ground?

pictures dont show the true story, i have seen it in slow motion and at full speed, even saw it live. he did *not* jump in, want to see someone jumping in? try find kuyt's tackle against everton. he jumped probably around 2 / 3m

here we go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ePZ7w_JAI...feature=related tell me how taylor jumped in without leaving the ground?

Thank you for the link.

Jump or not a play like this is not fair.

Intentional or not a player who does that assumes the risk to cause a serious injury in someone else.

Sorry, but for me it was unnecessary roughness. :(

i have no idea why you are bringing kuyt into this, this has nothing to do with him and i am not defending what he did. It's funny how you bring a Liverpool player thinking that i apparently wouldn't call what he did dirty...

and yeah, he lunged into him, there was no slide involved AT ALL, it was completely unnecessary.

i brought kuyt into it because that was a jump, what taylor did was reaching for the ball and missed it due to eduardo being too quick for him. there was no lunge/jump/intent on taking out eduardo, it was just an unfortunate accident and caught eduardo at the worst possible moment.

why would you defend something a liverpool player did?

i brought kuyt into it because that was a jump, what taylor did was reaching for the ball and missed it due to eduardo being too quick for him. there was no lunge/jump/intent on taking out eduardo, it was just an unfortunate accident and caught eduardo at the worst possible moment.

why would you defend something a liverpool player did?

cause liverpool is my fave club.

and reaching is moving your legs towards the ball, no leaving your feet or anything. that was a lunge... at least!

cause liverpool is my fave club.

and reaching is moving your legs towards the ball, no leaving your feet or anything. that was a lunge... at least!

Yes, it's called a slide tackle. :s

Now back to the stem of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36K2NmN8j8w...feature=related

The players were protesting and defending their man/club. I'm not sure why you would want some sort of fight to break out--that's not a proper way to demand respect for a bad challenge in football. A carding or ejection is.

I just noticed that Taylor was watching the ball before and after the tackle in here as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ePZ7w_JAI...feature=related

I'm not defending him by any means as it was a bad play but it does not seem intentional from the looks of it. It was just bad timing where Eduardo's foot was planted in the ground where he received the shock. If it wasn't, his ankle probably wouldn't have broke.

I'm not defending him by any means as it was a bad play but it does not seem intentional from the looks of it. It was just bad timing where Eduardo's foot was planted in the ground where he received the shock. If it wasn't, his ankle probably wouldn't have broke.

As I said before intentional or not a player who does that assumes the risk to cause a serious injury in someone else.

The ball was in the ground (rolling in the field). Taylor's foot was in the air. For me the math here is simple. :(

whether or not it was intentional is up for debate, and it no matter what the outcome of the debate, that was a reckless challenge. Most of the time a challenge like this does not result in a serious injury, but when it does the perpetrator must take responsibility, and I dont mean just getting sent off. It's the same thing as reckless driving, most of the time you get away with it... but it happens once and off to prison you go.

tackles like this are so commonplace now that people think it's normal, we see week in week out teams hacking down the arsenal players, and in that same match birmingham match the players were still kicking our players and the didnt even get a yellow.... martin taylor going in with studs up was just asking for trouble, and steve bruce has the audacity to say "it doesnt even warrant a yellow card". Bollocks.

and please, "sliding on the ground"?? Take a look at the video/pic, you call that sliding on the ground?

Edited by Kev1n