[Just in] New Macbook and Macbook Pro Models

Well. Yeah, obvious to make more money. But Front Row is a feature of OSX and cannot be used unless you purchase the Apple Remote. Just seems a bit silly to me. What next? No included power adaptor? :rolleyes:

If you already have a recent mac you already have a remote. how many do you need at once? Why raise the price to include it if the person doesn't need it? It's better to have more options that aren't standard. For example I wish there was the option to lower the ram back down to 1gb for all macbook models. I buy new ram no matter what anyways, so why would i need 2gb standard if i plan on upgrading to 4gb myself?

And any time I used front row you could use the keyboard to control it also, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Well. Yeah, obvious to make more money. But Front Row is a feature of OSX and cannot be used unless you purchase the Apple Remote. Just seems a bit silly to me. What next? No included power adaptor? :rolleyes:

Try pressing Command + Esc. It is usable without the remote.

now i am curious why everyone hates the macbook pro keyboard, i love it...

The keyboard is the one reason why I won't get the MBP at the moment. I like the whole flat key thing with the iMac and Macbook keyboards.

If you already have a recent mac you already have a remote. how many do you need at once? Why raise the price to include it if the person doesn't need it? It's better to have more options that aren't standard. For example I wish there was the option to lower the ram back down to 1gb for all macbook models. I buy new ram no matter what anyways, so why would i need 2gb standard if i plan on upgrading to 4gb myself?

And any time I used front row you could use the keyboard to control it also, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Try pressing Command + Esc. It is usable without the remote.

I realise FR can be used without the remote but no point in having an infrared sensor if Apple don't include the hardware to make use of it. Having to use the keyboard kind of defeats the object of Front Row in the first place. The iMacs and ATV will be next to have the AR not included.

Edited by kraized

I realise FR can be used without the remote but no point in having an infrared sensor if Apple don't include the hardware to make use of it. Having to use the keyboard kind of defeats the object of Front Row in the first place. The iMacs and ATV will be next to have the AR not included.

Now you're just being dramatic.

iMacs, maybe. Apple TV, no chance. The Apple TV actually needs the remote. There's no other way to control it. The iMacs, not so much.

Yeah because we all know those plastic remotes are costing Apple hundreds of dollars to make :huh:.

how much they cost to make and how much they charge people for them are 2 totally different things. If someone who doesn't care at all about a remote can save $20 what's the problem here? Would you rather they kept the remote standard but left the ram at 1gb to keep the price the same? or is it better to double the ram up the processor speed and upgrade the HDD and leave out the remote? i mean come on now. Think logically.

how much they cost to make and how much they charge people for them are 2 totally different things. If someone who doesn't care at all about a remote can save $20 what's the problem here? Would you rather they kept the remote standard but left the ram at 1gb to keep the price the same? or is it better to double the ram up the processor speed and upgrade the HDD and leave out the remote? i mean come on now. Think logically.

This would be a good argument if the MacBook Pro actually cost $20 less. But it doesn't. Apple is charging the same price as they did a couple days of ago, and now removed a $20 accessory.

This would be a good argument if the MacBook Pro actually cost $20 less. But it doesn't. Apple is charging the same price as they did a couple days of ago, and now removed a $20 accessory.

And upgraded every other hardware component without a price increase. Did you read what I actually said?

And upgraded every other hardware component without a price increase. Did you read what I actually said?

I read what you said, but it doesn't change the fact that I still find the removal of an accessory for no logical reason to be nothing more than pure greed on Apple's part. It's just like when they inexplicably removed the docking station, charger and other accessories from iPod packaging, again, for no real reason other than to charge $49 for each separately.

Burn for me too see the speces of the higher end old model getting down to the now new lower end model. All that extra cash I spend.

HA! Oh well, nothing I can do about. Still one hell of a machine.

Just bought my first Mac! Macbook Pro 17" Hi-Res. Now all i need is Final Cut Studio. :)

I read what you said, but it doesn't change the fact that I still find the removal of an accessory for no logical reason to be nothing more than pure greed on Apple's part. It's just like when they inexplicably removed the docking station, charger and other accessories from iPod packaging, again, for no real reason other than to charge $49 for each separately.

Yeah I did not like how iPod started bundling everything with the iPod seperately, I had the 3G with the touch buttons which came with everything I could want, got the Touch and all I got was it and earphones, everything else seperate, save for cases which were never bundled with the iPods to begin with.

Havent read the whole thread, but I did pick up one of the new 699 Macbooks yesterday for my birthday, really loving it.

Ive got 4gig of RAM on the way too :)

Just bought my first Mac! Macbook Pro 17" Hi-Res. Now all i need is Final Cut Studio. :)

i'm sorry.

i hated my 17". Had it for about a year. It was just too big. Only good thing was that it had 3 USB ports.

I've had a 15" for about 9 months now and I absolutely love it, so much lighter and smaller than the 17"

i'm sorry.

i hated my 17". Had it for about a year. It was just too big. Only good thing was that it had 3 USB ports.

I've had a 15" for about 9 months now and I absolutely love it, so much lighter and smaller than the 17"

well different strokes for different folks... :)

They lowered the price from 1899 to 1799 euro. The reason they didn't do that for the USA would be caused by the weak dollar. I don't think it's Apple's fault. The remote in Europe also costs 19 euro so we still save a lot of money over here since they've also upgraded the specs a bit ;)

Yeah I did not like how iPod started bundling everything with the iPod seperately, I had the 3G with the touch buttons which came with everything I could want, got the Touch and all I got was it and earphones, everything else seperate, save for cases which were never bundled with the iPods to begin with.

I actually liked that. I only need the iPod and the earphones and something to recharge the iPod. They only thing that sucks just a bit is the charge via usb only thing. For 3rd parties this is actually a very very nice business model. It gives them a lot of freedom to develop accessories for the iPod.