What is the best/fastest torrent client for Vista?

By the way, you don't set up port forwarding in vista, you set it up in your router. There should be no chance of any bluescreening. Also, my vote is for uTorrent as well.

I switched from uTorrent to Bittorrent because it was slowing my internet down. Bittorrent runs 100% faster for me when trying to find peers and connecting to trackers. And before you say it, yes, my router is configured properly.

Offtopic. What's with the Grim Reaper?

Whats wrong with him?

By the way, you don't set up port forwarding in vista, you set it up in your router. There should be no chance of any bluescreening. Also, my vote is for uTorrent as well.

Ok i will try to do it on my first computer where the router is connected to.

Do i have to do the range forward or single forward? and i have to put the same port for start and end?

I just tried it on single forward and i put my utorrent port but i see no difference. Sorry if this sounds stupid, i never done this before so i have no clue on how to set it up the correct way...

utorrent for me also. i limit the upload otherwise browsing can slow down a little. and my router uses upnp so i don't need to forward any ports. it just works. i quite often max out my 8mb connection when using private trackers.

1. Find the IP of your computer (I just use ipconfig in the command prompt, there are GUI ways as well)

2. Connect to your router (10.10.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, etc)

3. For Linksys routers:

3a. Go to Applications and Gaming

3b. Application field = whatever you like, I set it as uTorrent.

3c. Start = uTorrent port (set in options -> preferences -> connection)

3d. End = same uTorrent port (set in options -> preferences -> connection)

3e. Protocol = both

3f. IP address = IP of the computer (such as 10.10.0.120, 192.168.1.120)

3g. Enable = checked.

I'm not sure about D-Link or other router brands, but it shouldn't be too much different. I personally use a WRT54GS + tomato.

1. Find the IP of your computer (I just use ipconfig in the command prompt, there are GUI ways as well)

2. Connect to your router (10.10.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, etc)

3. For Linksys routers:

3a. Go to Applications and Gaming

3b. Application field = whatever you like, I set it as uTorrent.

3c. Start = uTorrent port (set in options -> preferences -> connection)

3d. End = same uTorrent port (set in options -> preferences -> connection)

3e. Protocol = both

3f. IP address = IP of the computer (such as 10.10.0.120, 192.168.1.120)

3g. Enable = checked.

I'm not sure about D-Link or other router brands, but it shouldn't be too much different. I personally use a WRT54GS + tomato.

Thats what i did, i input all of that stuff under single forward so im not sure if thats correct. I have linksys WRT300N and i followed all those steps but when i open utorrent on my wireless Vista computer i cant see any changes except the same slow connection.

Thats what i did, i input all of that stuff under single forward so im not sure if thats correct. I have linksys WRT300N and i followed all those steps but when i open utorrent on my wireless Vista computer i cant see any changes except the same slow connection.

Open utorrent. Click Options->Speed Guide->Check to see if port is forwarded properly.

If it doesn't say OK! in a green box, your port hasn't been forwarded properly.

I have utorrent on my Vista. What is the best configuration for it? Can someone please post it? Thanks.

Open utorrent. Click Options->Speed Guide->Check to see if port is forwarded properly.

If it doesn't say OK! in a green box, your port hasn't been forwarded properly.

It said ok even before i forwarded the port. And yes it still says ok.

I tried to google a few things and i read that some of the problems are caused by the fire wall (i have it disabled) and Anti-virus softwares such as norton but if i uninstall my AV software then i would be in greater risk of catching a nasty trojan or something similar. And i also read that some ports are blocked but ive tried many ports and im too frustrated to continue with this port forwarding unless someone can tell me the exact same settings they use or if someone can help me set this up in any other way because i wasted most of my day trying to make this thing work but theres no solution to this "easy process" as some may say.

This is what i did.... i went to my xp (wired) computer which is connected to the router and from there i accessed the router page (linksys) and i did the range forwarding for utorrent, bitcomet, and azureus. I went to my room where i have my (wireless) Vista computer and i opened up all the 3 clients one at a time but all of them are still the same speed.

if your router is upnp compliant, as well as the application (utorrent is, as well as a lot of apps), it will configure/forward the ports accordingly, by itself! all newer/new routers do this. I haven't had to forward any ports with my past 2 routers.....

if your router is upnp compliant, as well as the application (utorrent is, as well as a lot of apps), it will configure/forward the ports accordingly, by itself! all newer/new routers do this. I haven't had to forward any ports with my past 2 routers.....

Im not sure, i bought the linksys WRT300N router last summer. It doesnt say if its upnp compliant.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c...39789B01#widget

Ok i think port forwarding is not needed because everything runs fine on my wireless computer except the torrent clients... i<snip>

Thanks for all your help guys.

Edited by bmaher

Port forwarding is a REQUIREMENT for Bit torrent to work behind a NAT.. If one machine is working, then either that machine is in the DMZ, or you have forwarded the correct port to it. Or it is using UPnP to forward the correct port to itself on your router.

As to that router supporting UPnP, did you think to look at its specifications???

post-14624-1204483812_thumb.jpg

have you bothered to even breeze over the manual?? Or even look over its web UI?

post-14624-1204484024_thumb.jpg

post-14624-1204484170_thumb.jpg