There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Guitar

I want to learn how to play an electric guitar for recreational purposes.. I may look forward to forming a group if I see myself any good for it.

What's a good starter kit?

Being able to hook it up to a PC is also something I have in mind.

ty

any of thre guitars in this ( LINK ) would be fine. however; be sure to get an amp OVER 10 watts, as the ten watt and lower completely suck! also, brands like budget epiphone , ibanez , silvertone , and most fenders(not the squire) are your best bet for quality and workmanship

Edited by Darconf

The Peavey guitars aren't bad (I play guitar, check my website in my sig ;) )

The Peavey Valveking Royal 8 amp is very good though, I think that would be a good amp for you to start out on :)

(Ignore what the guy said about anything below 10watts sucks, Peavey JSX Mini colossal?? Roland MicroCube? :p)

If ya need any help guitar related, shoot me a PM ;)

Tip: DO NOT BUY A MARSHAL MG AMP (although marshal's are pretty expensive in the US)

Also: A Line6 PODxt might serve you well if you plan on hooking it up to the PC, you can record via USB (as demonstrated by a couple of clips on my website)

-Rich-

(Ignore what the guy said about anything below 10watts sucks, Peavey JSX Mini colossal?? Roland MicroCube? tongue.gif)

I was referring to the bundles , in the link, all the 10 watt and less amps featured, really do suck. (Hands on experience)