'Creepy gnome' terrorises Argentina town

A TOWN in South America is living in fear after several sightings of a 'creepy gnome' that locals claim stalks the streets at night.

The midget - which wears a pointy hat and has a distinctive sideways walk - was caught on video last week by a terrified group of youngsters.

Teenager Jose Alvarez - who filmed the gnome - yesterday told national newspaper El Tribuno that they caught the creature while larking about in their hometown of General Guemes, in the province of Salta, Argentina.

post-37120-1205307045.png

He said: ?We were chatting about our last fishing trip. It was one in the morning.

?I began to film a bit with my mobile phone while the others were chatting and joking.

"Suddenly we heard something - a weird noise as if someone was throwing stones.

"We looked to one side and saw that the grass was moving. To begin with we thought it was a dog but when we saw this gnome-like figure begin to emerge we were really afraid."

Jose added that other locals had come forward to say they had spotted the gnome.

He said: ?This is no joke. We are still afraid to go out - just like everyone else in the neighbourhood now.

"One of my friends was so scared after seeing that thing that we had to take him to the hospital.?

source & video

wow that is quite creepy. Could easily be a prank. Or a small fellow trying to terrify people at night. But why do people who film these weird things always have to be so terrified, why didn't one of them just run up to it to see what it was.

Because people are afraid of things they don't know and/or understand.

And being tough on the internets doesn't earn you any credibility... because somebody's bound to "not be afraid of anything" here in the anonymity of their chair hiding behind their monitor ;)

I don't care if its real or not. I would be running the hell away. Even if its a midget dressing up to scare people, he/she is doing a damn good job!

Because people are afraid of things they don't know and/or understand.

Yea, but there's a difference between being a little afraid and then begin so scared you have to go to hospital... :rofl:

And being tough on the internets doesn't earn you any credibility... because somebody's bound to "not be afraid of anything" here in the anonymity of their chair hiding behind their monitor ;)

Well I wouldn't call it tough to approach, what could possible be, a dog or a vertically challenged gentlemen in a Gnome costume.

But I'd say it's a prank of some sort.

Has the feel of a TV ad -- wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be advertising. :laugh:

Yeah, it's probably just the Travelocity "Roaming Gnome" looking for his next vacation spot. :laugh:

Honestly, if I was with 4 of my friends and saw that gnome I would have grabbed to of them and dragged them with me over to the gnome because otherwise it might just haunt me for the rest of my life. And really what could he do? Tickle me to death?

I'd understand if they ran like hell if they saw some chubacabra kinda thing with red eyes and all that, but running from a gnome, that is kinda silly.

Honestly, if I was with 4 of my friends and saw that gnome I would have grabbed to of them and dragged them with me over to the gnome because otherwise it might just haunt me for the rest of my life. And really what could he do? Tickle me to death?

I'd understand if they ran like hell if they saw some chubacabra kinda thing with red eyes and all that, but running from a gnome, that is kinda silly.

Never seen the Leprechaun movies have ya?