Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.15.0006 For Vista and XP

This download is a driver providing Microsoft? Windows Vista? and Windows? XP support for Creative Sound Blaster? X-Fi? series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series

* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series

* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum

* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty?

* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

* Creative Sound BlasteFixes:

* Resolves the issue for systems with 4 GB of RAM.

* Resolves the Digital I/O detection issue when restarting your computer.ter.

Known Issues:

* Before installing this driver, close the Creative MediaSource Go! application on your desktop and restart your computer. (After you have installed this driver, you may manually launch the MediaSource Go! application from the Start menu)

* When adjusting the master volume in any of the Mode Console, there is no sound output in the rear speakers. (Use the Microsoft Volume Control panel to adjust the master volume)

Requirements:Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Window XP MCE 20042004

* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above

Note* Do not install this driver for Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.dio.

* To install the driver, do the following:

1. Download the file onto your local hard disk.

2. Double-click the downloaded file.

3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

* To uninstall the driver, do the following:

1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Control Panel.

2. Double-click the Device Manager icon.

3. Double-click the Sound, video and game controllers option.

4. Right-click the Creative SB X-Fi option, and select Uninstall.

The Confirm Device Uninstall dialog box appears.

5. Select the Delete the driver software for this device option.

Note: This check box must be selected to avoid reinstallation issues.

6. Click the OK button.

7. Restart your computer.

* To reinstall the driver, do the following:

1. Double-click the downloaded file.

2. When the message You must restart your computer to apply these changes appears, click the Restart Later button.

3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers...B_2_15_0006.exe (63.05 MB)

How come it says "Do not install this driver for Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio"? No good to me at all if thats the case

How come it says "Do not install this driver for Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio"? No good to me at all if thats the case

Cause the Xtreme Audio is not a real X-Fi card. It's pretty much the same as the audigy se/audigy2 se in that it doesn't use the same chipset the other cards of the same name carry. As well as it doesn't support alot of the features and hardware acceleration of the better cards in the series.

Cause the Xtreme Audio is not a real X-Fi card. It's pretty much the same as the audigy se/audigy2 se in that it doesn't use the same chipset the other cards of the same name carry. As well as it doesn't support alot of the features and hardware acceleration of the better cards in the series.

The Xtreme Audio uses a CA0106 chip (Same as the Audigy LS and Live 24-Bit) instead of the X-Fi EMU20K1. No onboard RAM either.

If you're looking for a soundcard, I just picked up an Azeuntech X-Fi Prelude: http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php

Drivers are amazing even under Vista x64, uses the X-Fi chip and really puts Creative's offerings to shame. Using Dolby Digital Live to my Z-5500's and they sound phenomenal.

The Xtreme Audio uses a CA0106 chip (Same as the Audigy LS and Live 24-Bit) instead of the X-Fi EMU20K1. No onboard RAM either.

If you're looking for a soundcard, I just picked up an Azeuntech X-Fi Prelude: <Snip>

Yes, that's all well and good, but the context was laptop sound cards, not desktop ones. Personally, I was interested in an ExpressCard SB solution myself...

Blue screened (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) during installation but everything seemed to be working when I came back. Drivers are dated 25th Feb 08 in DXDiag so it looks like it installed correctly.

A bug exists in this driver set that when you adjust the volume in the console(i.e. volume panel) it resets the sliders in Windows down to zero. Does it for me it zeroed down the center, subwoofer, and both rear channels. So that means you have to use the default Windows sliders to adjust the sound.

I've about had it with Creative.

Blue screened (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) during installation but everything seemed to be working when I came back. Drivers are dated 25th Feb 08 in DXDiag so it looks like it installed correctly.

Yeah same thing happened to me. BSOD during driver update. After the BSOD I completed the driver install and everything is fine, hope it stays that way.

I still experience the problem of losing my settings (essentially volume and speaker settings, ie, 5.1 down to 2.1) upon resetting the machine. I've read this can sometimes be because the AV software prevents the changes made in the Audio Console to be stored in the registry, hence the reset whenever the machine's rebooted. Ah, so much fun... :crazy:

If you're looking for a soundcard, I just picked up an Azeuntech X-Fi Prelude: http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php

Drivers are amazing even under Vista x64, uses the X-Fi chip and really puts Creative's offerings to shame. Using Dolby Digital Live to my Z-5500's and they sound phenomenal.

I definitely second that. I own 2 of the things (I use a few computers but mainly these 2) and it is a GREAT card. Can't believe a company made such a good card out of a creative offering...

You all are very lucky you have no issues. I do know for sure that for my next build I will be using either onboard sound or an Asus or Azeuntech soundcard. My patience has run out with Creative software and drivers. I had no issues installing them, and they "worked" except for the muting bug I mentioned before.

• 1 month later...

My Apologies for bumping such an old thread, but since most of you have started installing Driver 2.15.0006 on Vista I had some questions. (I think I saw vista sorry rushed in excitement to get information)

Here's my situation outside of what is already known:

I own a PlayStation 3 I happen to game both on PC and on my PS3 and I share the speakers with my PS3 via the Drive attachment for the X-fi Platinum. I have yet to install Vista Business 32 or 64 on my machine as I was waiting to see how the Dolby Digital and DTS situation panned out. As I really like having 5.1 for my PS3 and PC games.

PC issue seems to be fixed thanks to Open AL from what I hear and can see as well as watching movies as far as surround sound goes (with software of course).

So the question is, does anyone have a PS3, PS2, or X360 hooked into the X-Fi drive via Optical Port? If so does the SPDIF input allow for Dolby Digital decoding or DTS decoding?

My other options have been to get a Logitech Z5500 I believe or by some crazy decoder form creative that is impossible to find because they discontinued the damn thing. Any information would be greatly appreciated especially if it can save me 250 dollars on a new speaker set or flat out buying a Home Theater in a box.

I'm determined to use Windows Vista, and this is the last component out of my hardware that I need to verify is working. Software issues I can handle with open source solutions so that doesn't bother me.