Bose or Infinity?

So I've heard. But I can't seem to convince my parents that Bose is just marketing and fluff compared to Klipsch, Infinity, etc. And I can't find a HiFi dealer around hereabouts to go to and compare sound quality. My dad thinks the TSS-1200 is "ugly", and that's why he's going with Bose - because the Infinity is twice as tall. What he doesn't realize is that technically and in reality, Infinity reproduces sound better.

I wonder if there's a store search engine...

So I've heard. But I can't seem to convince my parents that Bose is just marketing and fluff compared to Klipsch, Infinity, etc. And I can't find a HiFi dealer around hereabouts to go to and compare sound quality. My dad thinks the TSS-1200 is "ugly", and that's why he's going with Bose - because the Infinity is twice as tall. What he doesn't realize is that technically and in reality, Infinity reproduces sound better.

I wonder if there's a store search engine...

Lol, why do older folks always think Bose is the best speaker company?

It's down to the Bose Acoustimass 10 IV and the Infinity TSS-1200. Which one is better? Why?

bose is junk. its all marketing. anything other then bose is good really

at my old job, where i sold stereos, inculding bose. this was our bose moto. "No highs, No lows, just bose". :)

at least with other brands you get full range of sound.

The only reason a lot of people like bose when they here it is because they jack up the mid range. which is what human ears are designed to hear very well. so in turn, it "sounds" good.

but if you want proper reproduction you want to go with something else.

Let them just go with the Bose if they like it so much. I'm willing to bet they really aren't worried about which sounds better, nor are they likely to notice the difference. You can argue all day about how bad Bose is (which I agree is awful) but the fact is most people don't care. Those same people also are more than pleased with the purchase, and tend to purchase more of the same in the future.

I would love to let them go with the Bose, but as I live here (I'm not exactly in college yet), I'm gonna be using it too. So I want something I can live with.

My dad's also concerned with customer service. He's called Infinity, and left a message, and still hasn't gotten a call back (it was supposed to be 12 hours, but it has been since Monday night). Bose, every call was picked up and answered by a human, and he got all his questions answered. No need for callbacks.

My dad's also concerned with customer service. He's called Infinity, and left a message, and still hasn't gotten a call back (it was supposed to be 12 hours, but it has been since Monday night). Bose, every call was picked up and answered by a human, and he got all his questions answered. No need for callbacks.

Lol, we know where all Bose's money is going to....Sales, not quality of products.

I did. And they say, "That's just one guy."

I mean, WTF?

Read the whole thing, there are a lot of good facts in there.

It's all REAL info too, its not like it's just his personal opinion.

I'm sorry. But that guy says nakamichi are crap. I don't know about the new stuff, but I can tell you what, the Nakamichi dragon, is one hell of a cassette player. Best of its kind. No doubt about it.

If any of the oldies are here, and have had one, then they can back me up here :)

bose is junk. its all marketing. anything other then bose is good really

at my old job, where i sold stereos, inculding bose. this was our bose moto. "No highs, No lows, just bose". :)

Around here the quote is: "All Highs, All Lows, must be a Bose"

obviously referring to the fact that Bose have nothing in the mid-range sound scape.

I think both are true. Leaving Bose with a NullPointerException.

As in, if it doesn't have any highs or lows, then it has to have mids if anything. If it has all highs and lows, it doesn't have mids. Therefore, it has nothing.

But java jokes aside...

Lol, why do older folks always think Bose is the best speaker company?

Bose has out marketed every audio company there is! Even my parakeet knows about Bose :rofl:

I think both are true. Leaving Bose with a NullPointerException.

As in, if it doesn't have any highs or lows, then it has to have mids if anything. If it has all highs and lows, it doesn't have mids. Therefore, it has nothing.

Ya, its true. Bose isn't the most pleasant sounding system out there thought its not the worst. Unfortunately when most consumers think quality, they think Bose as it answers what eats at most consumers: cost, ease of use, small foot print and great customer support. Ya wonder why they need great customer support :p

If your dad is so bent out of shape when it comes to aesthetics consider Mirage, or Orb, both of which have the small footprint, and will outperform Bose any day.

Bump/sorry for DPing.

Also... what's the Neowin opinion on Polk Audio?

My dad went to hear the Bose at Circuit City, and he heard the Polk next to it, and he noticed the boomy bass and lack of highs and upper mids. Now if we could just hear the Infinity speakers, I could convince him.

Bump/sorry for DPing.

Also... what's the Neowin opinion on Polk Audio?

My dad went to hear the Bose at Circuit City, and he heard the Polk next to it, and he noticed the boomy bass and lack of highs and upper mids. Now if we could just hear the Infinity speakers, I could convince him.

Polk are very good.