Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

By the way, im having great difficulty installing this Prologue update - Keeps saying "an error occurred during the download". Don't know if it's a mix of wireless/lots of people downloading and the fact the PSN store is being updated, or what?

i'm having the same problem. must of tried it at least a dozen times.

the furthest it got was when i cleared the cache and set the internet setting to type 2 (its not called internet setting, but something like that, maybe upnp...). just look in the options screen.

i've even tried it early in the morning, midday, and late night to no avail. and its slow, which makes me wonder if its coming from japan servers???

With regards to the update not working. I have read a couple of things that solve the situation...

The first is to set your network settings in GT5:P to NAT type 2 (Its in the options menu) then try downloading the patch.

The second thing to try (which worked for me) is to put the GT5 disc in and when you get prompted to update, don't do it. Instead let GT5 load up. When you get to the 'My Page' menu go to the news section. You'll be prompted about an update, choose to download it. It should then download successfully.

I hope this helps!

Apparently the update is mainly stability, so Ive been told, I had an error too, but it seemed like it had saved what had been downloaded already, so didnt take anywhere near as long.

You may want to try and wire your system instead of using wireless.

As for the hard drive issues, yeah, any increase in load times is a benefit, and I too (when I get some cash) will be grabbing probably a couple of 250gig drives (one for PS3, one for my Macbook) and that should see me fine.

Only 10 more days for me, audio post those pics or else! :p

Want some pics? Pics I made.

gt56py6.jpg

gt51wt7.jpg

gt52fw7.jpg

gt55jz4.jpg

f2007gt5plf7.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1481/dscf1216hd1.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1605/dscf1218ut6.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3588/dscf1219nb2.jpg

dscf1225gu4.jpg

dscf1234jv3.jpg

dscf1237zm0.jpg

dscf1239at8.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bnZIKWCIJE

Best ?17.99 I've ever spent on.

Coming within the hour, im writing up my mini preview just now! :devil::

Nice.

As for who was asking about the update. If you don't update it, your replays will be wiped if you save any, can't remember what else thats been saved will also be wiped. Cash/cars and saved progress will be carried over.

Really liking the game, very cool.

Its the first Gran Turismo I have bought, and I'm really happy I did.

Love the In Car view, can't help but drive in it now.

Just wish the update hadn't failed the last 20+ times. -_-

meh - what car are you guys using for the A class events... I bought the obligatory ferrari, but I suck in it driving corners compared to a Nissan GT-R :\ any other tips?

It's an excellent game, but some levels (Eiger Norwood) are too difficult to achieve a gold in.

S-Class is tremendously difficult too.

Are you guys talking about the update you're prompted to download when you first start playing the game or has another one been released?

I have a few minor niggles with GT5P but nothing that ruins the game for me:

The steering wheel in the in car view only turns up to 90 degrees each way.

Some of the events in A class and beyond are very difficult, the leader always starts miles ahead.

The London track is too clean and bumpy.

There may be more but my mind has gone blank :p

Are you guys talking about the update you're prompted to download when you first start playing the game or has another one been released?

I presume it's the update available when you first play, as I haven't downloaded one previously.

I really love the Audi.

All the clock readings/diodes light up red that I really like inside. It looks trick.

dscf1272tn8.jpg

dscf1275vc1.jpg

dscf1277aa7.jpg

dscf1278aj3.jpg

dscf1279tx2.jpg

I'm blown away by the detail everytime in this game. It's simply amazing. Waiting on YouTube to finish processing my video I made earlier from my replays, since it was released.

^

:o

What class is that? A?

I'm on B just now.

No pics yet as I need to read the instructions for my nikon d70 - It's blurring bad when taking snaps. I'm a complete noob with cameras.

Could just use my other 3MP digi, but it doesn't do GT5 justice!

S Class, where all the fun begins of tuning your cars and smarter harder AI. You also have to complete S class if you want to unlock the F1.

Where are you taking these amazing photos voo? I don't have the game, so it looks like a video presentation to me! :D

What camera? Seems like you have a STILL set of hands! :p

S Class, where all the fun begins of tuning your cars and smarter harder AI. You also have to complete S class if you want to unlock the F1.

I must press on!

It looks gorgeous.

Here's two relatively blur free snaps of my TV set.

I'll sit down and figure out how to work the camera tomorrow!

img0865rv4.jpg

img0864ia6.jpg

(these were taken with my canon powershot. if i can get the nikon working tomorrow, the snaps will be in better quality!)

Edited by Audioboxer

Where are you taking these amazing photos voo? I don't have the game, so it looks like a video presentation to me! :D

What camera? Seems like you have a STILL set of hands! :p

All in game shots taken with the Fuji Finepix S5600 and a huge tripod.. I wanted to get the panoramic add-on lens for it, but its hard to come by, since its been discontinued. :/

Few old ones of the F1 obviously, I forgot to add.

dscf1253pw6.jpg

dscf1254mb5.jpg

Still waiting on bloomin YouTube to process my video. Had to re-upload it again.

I'll take more pics tomorrow night of this big cars. The Ford GT is a beauty. I bought one in navy metallic blue. It's just beautiful. Such a hard car to drive though, but it seriously hauls ass!

Ok its up, in game action of my replays and some Live action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJNmn6BY-Kw

Fantastic stuff! How exactly do you get to those photos? Is there a place where you can preview the cars in those environments?

I don't have the game yet, that's why I'm so curious and hyped. :)

Yeah, you go to the dealership area to get your cars. Just like on pics two and three.

It rotates them like a showroom. The forest areas are at the main menu. Each one is different when you complete every class. It's totally stunning seeing it all native at 1080.

Two million credits you'll need for the F1, but you wont be able to buy it until you complete S Class. 450,000 for the F40.

Each stage you go through you get more money for winning the events.

meh - what car are you guys using for the A class events... I bought the obligatory ferrari, but I suck in it driving corners compared to a Nissan GT-R :\ any other tips?

Well i only ever used the F430 for the event designed for it, otherwise i never used it.

I bought the Ford GT40 '06 for the muscle car events, and the Honda NSX '02 for the japanese 300 bhp events, you should also be able to use the GT40 for the allstar events and most other things apart from specific events that you have to use only one car like the F430 lap one.

Im up to S-Class and have just done the 630pts one, which wasn't too hard, i spose they'll get harder :p