Dallas Can't Close Strip Club Where Girl, 12, Danced

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,342690,00.html

DALLAS ? The city cannot shut down a Dallas strip club just because a 12-year-old danced nude there.

The city ordinance that regulates sexually oriented businesses does not allow authorities to revoke the license of such a business for employing someone under 18.

"There's a laundry list of things we can use to deny or revoke a license, but having a 12-year-old dancing in their establishment is not one of the things that automatically enables us to revoke their license," said Lt. Christina Smith, a Dallas police vice unit commander who oversees licensing of such establishments.

Authorities say that over a two-week period last year, the sixth-grader danced at Diamonds Cabaret. They also say they found a 17-year-old girl working in the club in January.

Police are continuing to investigate whether the club's management knew that the girl ? a runaway at the time ? was underage.

In a faxed statement, the strip club management said it was "shocked and startled" by the allegations.

"Diamond's Cabaret does not condone, support, nor promote, the delinquency of minors or exploitation of children," the statement read.

Demonica Abron, 27, who worked as a stripper in the club, and David Bell, 22, have been charged with felony sexual performance of the child in connection with making the 12-year-old work at the club. Both are also accused of engaging in organized crime.

Bell is accused of two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and aggravated kidnapping. He was being held at the Dallas County Jail on Thursday in lieu of a $450,000 bond. It was unclear if Bell had an attorney.

Abron also faces a prostitution charge. A telephone number listing for her could not be found.

I'm like without pics it didn't happ:cool::cool:

You two are real idiots. It was a joke. I have no desire to see a naked 12 yr old girl. Get a life.

What the hell kind of music were they playing that made a 12-year-old girl want to dance? Last I checked they didn't play the Wiggles and High School Musical at strip clubs. But, I mean, I don't really check strip clubs that often, I guess. And after reading this I guess I never will.

This is messed up and stupid. That poor, stupid girl. She probably fit in with the rest of the poor, stupid employees of that poor, stupid club where poor, stupid men go to spend their dirty, stinking money.

All I could think about when I read this though was that .gif of that kid dancing on that Nickelodeon show, with all the bright colors flashing in the background and he was just like rocking out. I mean, it's supposed to be funny and cute when little kids dance, SO WHY THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN? :x :angry:

Shoot Dallas in the face, pew pew, problem solved, damn you Dallas, damn you to the big leagues ya bastards. This is the suckiest bit of suckery to ever come from the sucky midwest.

This story makes me feel worse because I have relatives that are around that age.

But I'm glad they're charging the people who made her do this sick thing.

This story makes me feel worse because I have relatives that are around that age.

But I'm glad they're charging the people who made her do this sick thing.

way to jump to conclusions by claiming they made her do it.

as far as the article says, they haven't een through the courts yet, and the girl did it voluntarily and on her own, and she may very well have looked 18+. We're way past the age when 12 year olds look like innocent little kids.

and she ran away from home, she needed money, and dancing in a strip club would be an easy and quick way for her to grab some money.

yeah they should have checked her age more throroughly and all that, but again, we don't know anything abotu the story really, like how she looks and how old she looks.

Why don't you have a seat over there...

I don't feel the need to tell you who I am, as this is not the first time that we've met.

Owned...

You two are real idiots. It was a joke. I have no desire to see a naked 12 yr old girl. Get a life.

Yeah right you're ****ing hilarious.

Now days some 12 year olds look like 18 year olds.

What the heck is in that meat we eat :p

Yeah he didnt mean just one. He wants girl(s) haha. :p

In other news a owner of a strip bar was brutally beaten Sunday night.

way to jump to conclusions by claiming they made her do it.

as far as the article says, they haven't een through the courts yet, and the girl did it voluntarily and on her own, and she may very well have looked 18+. We're way past the age when 12 year olds look like innocent little kids.

and she ran away from home, she needed money, and dancing in a strip club would be an easy and quick way for her to grab some money.

yeah they should have checked her age more throroughly and all that, but again, we don't know anything abotu the story really, like how she looks and how old she looks.

:yes:

she ran away from home and did it willingly for money. the charge of aggravated kidnapping and assault is bullsh*t. that's just abusing the law to get results anyway possible, which is NOT ok for a supposed "fair" justice system. get them for not checking ID, but don't do it on trumped up charges. it just degrades the system more that it already is

i'm extremely shocked that strip clubs can't get penalized for letting underage people dance in Dallas. if that happened here in CA the strip club would be shut down that day and owner would be in jail

Why don't you have a seat over there...

I don't feel the need to tell you who I am, as this is not the first time that we've met.

:D

actualy it would be lame to close strip joint just because of that event.

owners should pay fine and ensure that doesnt happen again.

Yeah right you're ****ing hilarious.

Glad you think so. (Y) It's a rather dry humour but homour none the less.