conspiracy ?

does the crash of columbia sound suspisious to anyone ?

i have heard few suspisious points that suggest more than wings problem

1. right before the iraq war this happens

2. israeli on board

3. 17 years of no incidents and suddenly this ?

is it possible this may be sabotage from an inside nasa employee ?

I don't believe so.

It's not the first NASA catastrophe. It definitely won't be the last one either. NASA put the odds of a major catastrophe happening at about 1 in 76. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Terrible, horrible tragedy, but space travel is a very potentially dangerous thing.

Link

does the crash of columbia sound suspisious to anyone ?
I don't believe so.

I don't see how he doesn't....

It's perfectly understandable for this to happen. This is the OLDEST of the space shuttles, and it was quite an aging ship. The whold fleet is pretty decrepid. Hopefully, this will inspire some funding for the planned new shuttles...

The destruction of Columbia simply highlighted the perils of exploration and scientific achievment. As the Apollo 1 plaque says: A rough road leads to the stars

It's a lot more complicated than most people think.

Lets stick you 70,000 feet up in the air going 26,000 MPH burning through the atmosphere at 3000 degrees F and see how well you hold up. ;)

Lets stick you 70,000 feet up in the air going 26,000 MPH burning through the atmosphere at 3000 degrees F and see how well you hold up. ;)

ahhhhhhhhhh, just the way I like it. :yes:

• 1 month later...
I don't see how he doesn't....

It's perfectly understandable for this to happen. This is the OLDEST of the space shuttles, and it was quite an aging ship. The whold fleet is pretty decrepid. Hopefully, this will inspire some funding for the planned new shuttles...

Oldest yes, but still considered a baby. It was estimated to have over 30 years left of life.

Actually its not that complicated. I think the figures speak for themselves. Subtract a few tiles and we've seen the unfortunate result.

If anything, the problem once again points to sheer ignorance and arrogance from the upper management. The engineers should control the engineering problems - the management does not. Engineers should have the power to decide to fix the shuttle and wait another day to land.

To think that there was a conspiracy to blow up one of the most expensive and historic projects that have ever been undertaken by mankind is bordering on insane. If you want to see a real conspiracy relive the past presidential election. If terrorists had wanted to blow up the shuttle they sure as hell would have tried to take credit for the biggest and most complicated strike ever.