Show us your workstations!

^ haha did you rip my wallpaper from my desktop?

at least credit it :(

Care to share the wallpaper for people who don't have the possibility to rip? ;)

Nice to see all types of workstations, love these type of topics :)

First of, my desk:

001zi4.th.jpg

My workstation:

002dr6.th.jpg

My laptop (mainly bought for school):

003ix8.th.jpg

you need cable management in your case.....

Some awsome setups in this thread!

Havent posted mine in a while so here goes, nothng really changed other than a new camera (powershot sd750) and warranty replacement 22" ultrasharp...oh and the quad core :p

May2008workstation.jpg

May2008workstaion_2.jpg

you need cable management in your case.....

I try to manage the cables but with 8 sata devices and power cords everywhere it dosen't work out well. Also I change out different hardware almost bi-weekly thus thwarting my attempts at effective cable management.

I try to manage the cables but with 8 sata devices and power cords everywhere it dosen't work out well. Also I change out different hardware almost bi-weekly thus thwarting my attempts at effective cable management.

That's just an excuse, I swap hardware probably more than you and my wiring's not bad.

n102940032520267074973kr9.jpg

n102940032520267115179rw4.jpg

img0010ha4.jpg

chconlinedeskmay142008sj8.jpg

img0081fk1.jpg

Well since my room is now complete and I dont remember if I put up pictures of my new tower I will post one now. I still need a new desk though.

Link

That's just an excuse, I swap hardware probably more than you and my wiring's not bad.

Chc, I love that ambient lighting. But I gotta say my wiring is a little better ;).

I'm not sure if this would be the appropriate forum for posting this, but I actually couldn't think of a better place to post this.

I've seen some fantastic Workstation setups here - really, very impressive work by many.

I have recently had a spot of good luck during the long stretch of problem-after-problem over the last 4 years, so I'm asking for just a small bit of help here. The "spot of good luck" has been my very-recent-and-free aquisition of an IKEA Jerker desk....sans the swing-out stands that attach on either side of the vertical rails.

In short: if anyone has any spares that they are not needing / using I'd be forever grateful if you could send me a PM. Since IKEA re-named the desk as the Fredrick, it seems like none of the stores have those stands. We're not in a very good financial position right now (waiting for SSI Disability to kick-in), so the least cost the better.

To Forum mods: Please forgive this post, but I'm out of options and thought that the friendships here could prove to be usefull. If anyone has other, reasonable options, please let me know.

Thanks!

--ScottKin

An update for IKEA Fans:

JERKR != FREDRIK

I examined the FREDRIK desk up-close & personal at IKEA the other day, and the vertical risers are NOT the same: no holes at 4" intervals up and down each riser, only shelf attachment slots on the inside of the risers.

Just an FYI...

--ScottKin

An update for IKEA Fans:

JERKR != FREDRIK

I examined the FREDRIK desk up-close & personal at IKEA the other day, and the vertical risers are NOT the same: no holes at 4" intervals up and down each riser, only shelf attachment slots on the inside of the risers.

Just an FYI...

--ScottKin

Yeah, that's correct. There aren't the holes like the JERKER. I'm using a FREDRIK now - I wish I could use the JERKER, but my room is a little too small :p

Yeah, that's correct. There aren't the holes like the JERKER. I'm using a FREDRIK now - I wish I could use the JERKER, but my room is a little too small :p

Yeah, the JERKER just seems to be significantly sturdier than the FREDRIK. The steel used in the FREDRIK line seems to be thinner overall.

--ScottKin

yes, we meant the original Jerker is gone. Read ScottKin's post...