Show us your workstations!

I remodeled a bit, and added my 360 to my setup, and also made it so I can watch TV on my pc now:

AndyDesk061208.jpg

Things I can point out for you to see.

Shadow, my cat (behind the left speakers).

Open Pandora (basically allows you to use Pandora.com without having a browser open (lower left hand corner of the monitor)).

Satellite TV (lower right hand corner of the monitor).

My PC (the big black box with the blue light on it).

My medications (on top of the PC).

My atomic-wrist watch.. (on top of the PC).

My Mini Smart Car (A reminder of my trip to France, and a reminder of a goal I have (on top of the PC)).

My mobile phone (a Blackberry (on top of the PC)).

My Lego stunt-man Minifig (on top of the PC).

My wallet (on top of the PC).

My Xbox 360 (Which is used with the PC monitor (on top of the PC)).

Pad of paper, next to the keyboard.. for when I need to take notes, write something down.

My Uniden portable phone. (on top of the pad of paper.)

My satellite tv remote. (on top of the pad of paper next to the phone).

Edited by Andrew-DB

I'm actually a Technology Designer, I have multiple different roles ranging from shaping and molding the direction of a companies deployment of Apple products down to some Research & Development work. As with most things Apple, I'm a little secretive with my exact job responsibilities as it allows me a bit of mystery! ;) Needless to say I do get to play with some things that don't exist outside of the reality distortion field right now (hence the shut down screen on the left) and can say without a doubt that I love my job! :)

Must be nice to love working for Apple. My dad hates that place so much at times. 10-16+ hour days with no over time and 2 hours of commuting = no fun.

Edited by crazzy88ss

My Desktop:

Dell Dimension 8400

Pentium 4 3.2Ghz (Hyprethreading turned off)

2.5GB RAM

512MB Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

ASUS DVD/CD Burner

160GB HDD

Creative Audigy 2 + Surround Sound

O/S OpenSolaris B91 + GNOME 2.22.2 + OpenSound

0002.jpg

My Laptop:

Lenovo t61p 6457-C74

Upgraded to 4GB RAM

O/S OpenSolaris B91 + GNOME 2.22.2 + OpenSound

0005.jpg

You know, it's not that bad for what I pay for it.

I don't know, I rather get an antenna with one of those DTV boxes. Seems like it would save me a lot of hassle.

Finally, today i had time to setup my new LCD, and finish cable management.. (wife acceptance) :)

Photo at 100%: aqui (6MB)

LCD: Samsung LE32R81B

:| nice setup man. What kind of camera are you using to be able to take such a panaramic picture?

:| nice setup man. What kind of camera are you using to be able to take such a panaramic picture?

The camera is a Canon EOS 400D.....

The panorama was made from multiple photos, i guess 6, with photoshop cs3 photomerge...

it's not a direct panorama picture.. (i'm still waiting for my canon 10-22mm :) )

The camera is a Canon EOS 400D.....

The panorama was made from multiple photos, i guess 6, with photoshop cs3 photomerge...

it's not a direct panorama picture.. (i'm still waiting for my canon 10-22mm :) )

Ahh that makes sense, I just assumed it was a single picture but I'm not very good at spotting these things lol. :p

My new Dell XPS M1330 that was delivered today! :D

Sweet!! That's the laptop I'm hoping to get soon.

What's that usb thingy, just a flash drive?

Mac fanboy huh? :)

What do you think of the Macbook Air vs. the Macbook Pro? I hear from some people they think it's a bit lacking in features.

Mac fanboy huh? :)

What do you think of the Macbook Air vs. the Macbook Pro? I hear from some people they think it's a bit lacking in features.

I've been using the Macbook Air as my main computer and I haven't found it lacking at all. I even underclocked it to 800Mhz so it'd be cool and quiet and didn't notice a decrease in performance. I send all the processing to a pair of Xserves and the Macbook Air only displays the results.