NASA Disaster Picture

1123982.jpg

The shuttle broke up 40 miles above the earth, scattering debris over three states.

1123983.jpg

Recovery crews were dispatched within hours of the disaster to scour 500 square miles. But the operation to recover the remains of the shuttle will take months.

1123984.jpg

Nasa warned people not to touch the debris. Around three dozen people needed treatment for burns or breathing difficulties after ignoring the advice.

1123985.jpg

The Texas public safety department reported more than 2,000 debris fields, scattered from the small town of Nacogdoches, about 170 miles south-east of Dallas, to the Louisiana border.

1123986.jpg

This picture of this helmet dominated the front pages of UK newspapers on Monday.

1123987.jpg

Millions of pieces of debris, from huge chuncks to tiny objects, will have to be collected.

1123988.jpg

The public were urged to contact police if they saw remains of the shuttle.

1123989.jpg

The debris were cordoned off by investigators.

1123990.jpg

However, it is feared some of the debris may have been taken away by souvenir hunters.

Not to be a nitpicking a-hole, but couldn't you have just made a single thread and linked to the sites? Or heck, don't bother to make new threads, there already are a bunch of threads related to the disaster on the Neowin front page, as well as the BPN, and this forum...

Again, I like to think of starting threads only to spur discussion, and that could've been done in one...or using an existing thread.

Not to be a nitpicking a-hole, but couldn't you have just made a single thread and linked to the sites? Or heck, don't bother to make new threads, there already are a bunch of threads related to the disaster on the Neowin front page, as well as the BPN, and this forum...

Again, I like to think of starting threads only to spur discussion, and that could've been done in one...or using an existing thread.

whoa dude relax[GLOW=blue]

I think that this topic is really good. I havent seen the pictures at all yet so thank you very much for posting this!!! :)

Not to be a nitpicking a-hole, but couldn't you have just made a single thread and linked to the sites?  Or heck, don't bother to make new threads, there already are a bunch of threads related to the disaster on the Neowin front page, as well as the BPN, and this forum...

whoa dude relax[GLOW=blue]

I think that this topic is really good. I havent seen the pictures at all yet so thank you very much for posting this!!! :)

Yeah, relax man, I haven't seen many of these pics, so they are welcome here :) ....

Radish.