Windows XP SP3 Release Timeframe

Nope, XP SP3 is for the 32bit version, you need to get XP x64 or Vista x64 if you want to fully use 4GB of RAM.

well Microsoft lies, I saw screenshots of Windows 2008 32bit supporting 4gb of ram.

RELAX The TimeZone here on EastCoast is 10:20AM It is only ^6:20AM @ REDMOND

It'll be leaked warez,torrents,MSDN,TechNet on the internet somewhere later in the Evening

(official download from MS on April 29th , 2008)

lol, mate, you are the one going on about getting a refund on your msdn subscription in the comments on the front page?

https://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/04/21/w...ring?cid=632464

well Microsoft lies, I saw screenshots of Windows 2008 32bit supporting 4gb of ram.

No they haven't, Vista SP1 32-bit will also report 4Gb if you have it installed but you still can't use it all, it's a limitation of the 32-bit architecture (or something similar, I can't remember right now :p) All MS did was make Vista SP1/Server 2k8 report installed RAM rather then usable RAM I believe. If you want 4Gb+ memory support, upgrading to a 64-bit OS is the only way you'll be able to use it all.

If you want 4Gb+ memory support, upgrading to a 64-bit OS is the only way you'll be able to use it all.

no, it's not. never heard of PAE?

-andy-

no, it's not. never heard of PAE?

-andy-

A 32-bit application even with PAE switch is on can only address additional 1 GB memory over 2 GB limitation (totaling 3GB) from the virtual address space.

Pls check MS's related docs.

However in reality a 512mb VGA and with some other hardware in the system you can't even address that much memory.

So in reality, if you really would like the utilize your 4GB or over memory, you MUST use a 64-bit application under a 64-bit OS.

PAE is not your friend...

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platf...PAE/PAEmem.mspx

Microsoft (NSDQ:MSFT) on Tuesday said that due to "high customer demand" for Vista service pack 1, MSDN and TechNet subscribers will have to wait longer than the general public to get their hands on Windows XP service pack 3.

In an email to ChannelWeb, a spokesperson said Microsoft expects to make XP SP3 available for download to TechNet and MSDN subscribers on May 2, three days after it begins distributing XP SP3 via Windows Update and the Download Center.

Source

No. On the MSDN subscriptions blog it says they still plan to release the integrated ISO on the 2nd of May, and Technet usually gets it at the same time as MSDN I think? :) There is a torrent floating around which does appear to be an official integrated ISO!