Lightroom Alternative for Linux ?

I want to go back to Ubuntu but I could not live without Lightroom to adjust my pictures. Is there any alternatives that I could use under Linux ? It's pretty much the only thing holding me back.

There is also (proprietary, but free because it is beta) LightZone. Not sure if it has the features you are after. The "Linux" link on the right will take you to the Linux page.

According to a few entries on winehq's App DataBase, Lightroom does not run with wine. It will eventually install and start up, but it is unusable. Rating category: "garbage". :no:

I hope one of the alternatives suits your needs.

If an alternative does not meet your need, you only have a few options:

1. Run Lightroom in a virtual XP machine inside Linux (gonna be slow with emulated hardware)
  2. Dual boot XP & Linux. If you sit down and do a batch of images, then this isn't so bad. If you bounce around and do onesie-twosie jobs with it, it's gonna be inconvenient to reboot just for one app.
  3. Don't use Linux, and just keep this on a Windows box.

Lightzone looks okay from the little menus i've seen on their site but I'm not gonna install Linux just to test drive an app. Too bad Adobe hasn't ported their products to Linux.

I couldn't live without Photoshop either and The Gimp just doesn't feel right for me. I guess I'll just have to either dual-boot or keep my partitions linux-free (unfortunately).

Thanks markjensen and sanctified for the help.

Lightzone looks okay from the little menus i've seen on their site but I'm not gonna install Linux just to test drive an app.
They do have a Windows version, remember? ;)

(30-day demo, but should give you an idea of this is an acceptable app)

Oh good idea I will give it a try for sure ! Most probably not as good as Lightroom but it *might* suit my needs :)

Thanks again !

Try Bibble Pro/Lite this is cross platform.

Steve

Try Bibble Pro/Lite this is cross platform.

Steve

Wow I'm honored that you registered just to help me out ! hehe.

I think I heard about Bibble in the past I will try it out once I get home :)

Why don't you just run VMWare and use all the adobe products that way?

Also I can't remember where but I have read that you can run applications as if they were local. Runs in a vm wrapper or something so even thou the apps are running in a VM they look and behave like a local app.