Premiere Pro 2 Issues

Hi All,

I am having issues with Premiere Pro 2 that recently cropped up. I finished a big project about three weeks ago and did not have any issues at that time. I went to start my newest one and have had issues from the beginning. APP2 would not smoothly play the video clips that I need to put in the project. Playback would be choppy and sound cuts out about four seconds before the video ends.

The project was originally started in Pro 2 but I decided to switch to Premiere from CS3. After having that ruin the project and starting over, I have not had any success with either version. Each version installed while the other one is uninstalled. I also went as far as to wipe Windows on my laptop and reinstall it and I am still having the same issues.

I also receive a message from Premiere telling me that it is running low on memory, to save the project and continue carefully (or something like that). This cannot be a memory issue since the computer has two gigs of memory in it and it pops up within the first few minutes Premiere has been running with very little done. The computer is XP Pro SP2 all the latest updates, 2 Gig Memory, 128 mb video card, 2 ghz Intel Pentium 4

The only forum post I could find that is similar, the original poster never received any replies.

Thanks for any help

haven't used premiere in a while, but I'm pretty sure there's a way to set the amount of ram that the program is allotted.

It might also be a ram issue in general, like a failing stick