Microsoft To Disable ALL Hotmail Outlook Express Access

Nothing. Like Windows Live Mail, it already uses DeltaSync.

Correction: Outlook 2007 (even SP1) still uses WebDAV; you need to install the latest version of the Connector if you wish to continue to use Outlook to access Hotmail after the cutoff date. BTW, I'd just edit the above message, but it seems the time in which you can do that has expired.

I do not like WLM as much as I used to like OE. The reason, I have 2 hotmail accounts, one I use for personal emails and one I use for other business & email junkies. I have had different junk mail settings on these and they had been working perfect with the OE. However, when I put these in WLM, it seems I can only have one kind of setting that is enabled on both of them. I really do not like it because I need higher junk mail protection on one (and only one). Do you guys know any way around this?

I really miss the "identities" feature that is there inn OE but not in WLM.

I guess everyone knows by now that this is not just for Outlook Express, but will also affect Outlook users as well, since it uses DAV as well.

In either case, it is such a disappointment, I have been using hotmail since the first day it came out, and a few years ago started using it on my OE, then kept it on my Outlook 2003. It was always very convenient way of fetching my forum subscriptions, e-mails from friends, etc.. A lot of people know my e-mail address as hotmail.

Now, I would either have to get rid of it, or like some other idiots out there, check my e-mail only once a month..... How could they live like that!? I would go crazy if I didn't check my e-mail for a few days..

Microsoft is just driving people away from its products, both Outlook and Hotmail. I know we can probably set forwarding... I was wondering if logging into the MSN Messenger is considered as logging into hotmail e-mails, and if that would keep the accounts alive, if I forward them. I really don't want to have two e-mail clients on my desktop. One is more than enough.

My dad is a premium user only because he needs to be able to store his emails locally. He used Outlook Express, and was really annoyed when he found out about this. He hates Windows Live Mail, thinks it's slow and bloated, and I have to agree with him.

My dad is a premium user only because he needs to be able to store his emails locally. He used Outlook Express, and was really annoyed when he found out about this. He hates Windows Live Mail, thinks it's slow and bloated, and I have to agree with him.

Your dad would be terrible disappointed to know that Hotmail DAV protocol does not save e-mails on Outlook or Outlook Express.

Non matter what you are, premium user or not.. Unless he sets up POP or Forwarding.

Outlook is so ten years ago to be honest. I'm surprised they've kept support for it this long. WLMD is a very good client, with very few problems. One of my most used programs actually.

WLM is just outlook express with forced ads. Outlook is so much better when you need to organize contacts, integrate schedule, appointments and reminders to e-mails. I only wish it was faster, and had every feature OE had (like Watch/Ignore).

well, i ended up ditching outlook express and hotmail altogether. i've retired the account and migrated over to gmail.

windows live mail desktop is great for one thing, and that is email migration: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/01/i...into-gmail.html

one obstacle is the lack of of mail forwarding in hotmail. to get around this, i just turned on the vacation auto-reply option in hotmail and directed everyone to my new address.

i hope that helps.

The thing is, even gmail is not %100 guaranteed, maybe it will last 5-10 years, before they start changing stuff.. The only way to guarantee you can keep all of your e-mails and same account for ever is to have your own domain and e-mail, but the problem with that, most hosting providers do not feel stable. I have 1&1 and they are spotty.

obviously gmail is not guaranteed, but for someone who doesn't want his own domain, etc., gmail works well.

What's wrong with dave@82.102.105.104 ? :p

• 2 weeks later...

Help ... I don't understand one word of this. Could someone please tell me what it means?

I use Outlook Express for my email.

I also use Hotmail.

I sometimes access my Hotmail from Windows Live Messenger but have also accessed it from the internet.

I don't get my Hotmail from my Outlook Express or vice versa.

What does this mean to me? Could someone please explain in layman's terms?

i stopped using hotmail in outlook when they banned it the first time..... i didnt even know they started allowing it again......

Help ... I don't understand one word of this. Could someone please tell me what it means?

I use Outlook Express for my email.

I also use Hotmail.

I sometimes access my Hotmail from Windows Live Messenger but have also accessed it from the internet.

I don't get my Hotmail from my Outlook Express or vice versa.

What does this mean to me? Could someone please explain in layman's terms?

it just means that you won't be able to access hotmail through outlook express (though they've recently extended the deadline indefinitely), but since you don't use outlook express, you will be unaffected.