Anybody got into Live Mesh tech preview?

Want to try Mesh, but not got access? Find a friend and you can!

Unsurprisingly, here's some more Mesh news. If you have yet to see what Live Mesh is all about and you're just waiting patiently in the waiting list, there is another way you can get in on the Tech Preview. We spotted this on the day of its release, but Nadia has now made it official in the Live Mesh Forums.

So how do you do it? Simple, find someone who already has access to Mesh, and get them to invite you to view one of their folders. In doing so, you will go through all the process of accessing Mesh so you can view that folder, then when you click on Devices at the top, you will now be able to add your own devices and start using Mesh.

How does your friend do this? Simple, it can be done from either the Web Interface, or from the Windows Interface:

Web: Windows: image_thumb.png image_thumb_1.png Once the invite is sent, you will get an email from your friend inviting you to share a folder using Live Mesh. Just follow that invitation and that's it, you're in.

So if you know someone who is using Mesh and hasn't done this, I suggest bribery! Just a note though, a user only has two invites available to them (and yes, I've used mine).

SL

if anybody fancys shooting me an invite give me a pm for an email address

thanks,

jon

There is no invite system just sign up for the wating list on the Connect website.

edit: nvm i didnt see the article, i thought the thread was about who is in and whats it like.

Im in and it works ok you can only add computers to your device list until they get mobile and other devices working. The browser Remote Desktop is nice, ok speed. One thing that Mesh has that Live Sky Drive doesnt is that you can right click a folder or file on your computer and send it Mesh. You can set the folder as a regular upload or have the folder be synchronize so that any update to a file in that folder will update on Mesh and the devices.

I cant wait to see what Mesh apps come out and the Live Mesh SDK thats coming out also.

https://www.mesh.com/web/developer.aspx

Edited by Doli

You don't have to have an invite... You just need a hotmail (live) account and sign up at Microsoft Connect....

What a nice concept. I like it.

You don't have to have an invite... You just need a hotmail (live) account and sign up at Microsoft Connect....

What a nice concept. I like it.

Mesh is cool..good sync across devices & PC's.. I am trying with some excel files & documents..

Interface looks cool like a Vista OS (with vista basic theme ;-) )

I dont know how to send invite..let me go home & figure it out!

I have applied through connect for at least a week but haven't got any email yet :(

If someone have an invite to give please pm me, thanks!

I must say I'm very impressed with this! I've already set up a small network at school with this, very nifty piece of software! Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I already am,

I must say I'm very impressed with this! I've already set up a small network at school with this, very nifty piece of software! Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I already am,

Can you send me a invite? I would like to try this new service provided by Microsoft

lkachun9129[at]gmail.com

Can you send me a invite? I would like to try this new service provided by Microsoft

lkachun9129[at]gmail.com

Invite Sent!

Yeah when I first head about this idea with the getdropbox i thought that was an awesome idea, as the Foldershare by microsoft seemed troublesome of the freedom of being able to store your files between PC's. As i tend to be between PC and Laptop often, for school and work.

I am really looking forward to this, signed up to connect, and the sharemesh website, hoping to be able to join the test one day soon. See how I go.

With all this new stuff from the live services, I hope they really start too integrate everything into a neat package.