Anybody got into Live Mesh tech preview?

:: Lyon ::

Can someone invite me too? I'm so eager to test new stuffs especially wanna try Mesh!

my email: michael.aulia(at)gmail.com

Crazysah

Damn! I signed up but still haven't gotten in. I would love an invite too.

matthewmarley

Could someone invite me please

marley(a)live(dot)com

Admodieus

Quite a nice piece of software. Very useful for sharing files, and also for easy remote control capabilities across my PCs.

g8crash3r

can someone invite me please.

g8crash3r (at) live.com

Doli
Can someone invite me too? I'm so eager to test new stuffs especially wanna try Mesh!

my email: michael.aulia(at)gmail.com

sent

Could someone invite me please

marley(a)live(dot)com

sent

Kitosh

Would also like an invite for this very promising bit of software please.

foxdie(a)live(dot)com

Also jsut following peer group pressure, why do people use (a) instead of @, is it to do with copy and pasting of address?

Edited by Kitosh
MeTaLliCnx

I too would very much appreciate an invite for this program

bgalea[at]gmail[dot]com

DannyDPX

If there are any invites going, I would really like to get my hands on one, please...

dark_phoenix_666[at]hotmail[dot]com

FixedBit

I hear people say they see 5 invites, it tells me I only have two.

I want to use it between family members to share files like pictures (dear old mom who loves to see the past sort of thing) but afraid to use them outside of that because I only get 2.

NeMeS

no invation for me? :-(

nemesiz[at]hotmail[dot]de

Kitosh

Anyone have a Live Mesh Invite, they are willing to part with please :) was hoping to try this promising bit of software.

email address

foxdie(at)live(dot)com

foxdie@live.com

Thanks in advance

Kit

aristofeles

If someone has anymore to spare... aristofeles(a)gmail(d)com

TIA!

redeemed

Anyone know how the remote desktop thing works? Does Mesh have to be installed on both computers and does the user on the server (the controlled pc) have to log out before the client can access the pc (like remote desktop)?

:: Lyon ::

Thanks for inviting me, Doli!

Yes, You need to install the Mesh software on every computer that you want to sychronize with. I haven't tried the remote connection part though. Some screenies on my post yesterday

Unfortunately no more invitation left :(

redeemed

^Thanks for that Lyon. Will you be updating your post with the remote connection feature? I'd like to see your impressions of that (Y) Also does it work with connecting to XP Home?

Also jsut following peer group pressure, why do people use (a) instead of @, is it to do with copy and pasting of address?

That's so spambots can't harvest your email address. Read more. (it's the first time I hear about the term address munging)

Address munging is the practice of disguising, or munging, an e-mail address to prevent it being automatically collected and used as a target for people and organizations who send unsolicited bulk e-mail. Address munging is intended to disguise an e-mail address in a way that prevents computer software seeing the real address, or even any address at all, but still allows a human reader to reconstruct the original and contact the author: an email address such as, "no-one@example.com", becomes "no-one at example dot com", for instance. Any e-mail address posted in public is likely to be automatically collected by computer software used by bulk emailers — a process known as e-mail address harvesting — and addresses posted on webpages, Usenet or chat rooms are particularly vulnerable to this.

:)

Edited by redeemed
majortom1981

Its an ok piece of software . I am a beta tester but I dont see this being any better then just remote desktoping into the computer .

wikerman

can i get an invite? wikedjackal (a) yahoo.com ?

zeroday

I just got in today, very cool software, but I personally don't have much use for it, I just wanted to see it in action.

edit: nvm, found the tab.

azz0r_wugg

king_azz@hotmail.com if anyone has a spare, thanks :)

Doli
Its an ok piece of software . I am a beta tester but I dont see this being any better then just remote desktoping into the computer .

You can remote from a web browser with mesh, I havent tested it another web browser or operating system but I wonder if thats the direction they are aiming for. Remote desktop from Linux to your Windows box through a web browser.

Plus they will have an SDK out for it for developers to tinker with.

Doli
king_azz@hotmail.com if anyone has a spare, thanks :)

sent.

+Ely

I got into the beta, however with all honesty I must say I prefer another Microsoft product also in beta and very similar to Live Mesh, that is FolderShare www.foldershare.com anyone can join FolderShare so give it a try.

Carloke

Does anyone have a Live Mesh invite left? :blush:

I would really like to join the preview and write a review about it at my Dutch Windows Live community website.

I'm signed up at Connect and ShareMesh.com for about 2 weeks now but still haven't got a response :(.

My E-Mail is: carl20(@)live(dot)be

I will share 1 or 2 at this forum too ;).