There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

  • Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Unknown name of sound effect


Recommended Posts


I am seeking a sound effect but I'm not sure what its called so I am struggling to find it.

It is three tones of successfully lower pitch, that is often played in movies when there is a plot-twist, or there is imminent doom.

It sounds like "dum dum dum" where each dum is lower than the last.

Thank you. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Well it's not a sound effect - it's part of the score. I know what you mean, but don't know the musical name for such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where does it say that?

He is asking what that type of sound is. It's not a sound effect - it's a part of the musical score.

Echo/Reverb have nothing to do with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.