XP to Mac

I am using Windows XP right now but soon I am going to get a new computer and I want to switch to Mac but don't know which Mac computer is best for me. Could please recommend a mac computer for me?

Well, what are the main tasks you plan to do on your new machine?

I am a Mac user and I can tell its a great machine for every task but I also understand why some people consider them extremely overpriced. If you are a gamer I think other brands could suit you better but if you are planning to do intensive graphic design or video editing or want a machine with OS X then a Mac its the right machine for you, maybe an iMac?

Well, what are the main tasks you plan to do on your new machine?

I am a Mac user and I can tell its a great machine for every task but I also understand why some people consider them extremely overpriced. If you are a gamer I think other brands could suit you better but if you are planning to do intensive graphic design or video editing or want a machine with OS X then a Mac its the right machine for you, maybe an iMac?

OK. I will check it out. Thanks

Stationary and Average user

I'd go with either a Mac Mini or an iMac then. Nothin too fancy ;) As far as configuration goes, you know your needs better than I do ;)

imac or mac mini...depends on what you plan to do

imac

iMac - you can get a great deal on the refurbs now that the new ones are out!

Know a website where i can go?

I am using Windows XP right now but soon I am going to get a new computer and I want to switch to Mac but don't know which Mac computer is best for me. Could please recommend a mac computer for me?

So why the switch?

So why the switch?

Always update, crashes like 5 times in two months and i don't want that anymore.

Always update, crashes like 5 times in two months and i don't want that anymore.

Damn. Not good my friend. Are you using XP Home or Pro?? That's surprising. I'm a serious power user and abuse the hell out of Windows at times, and I never have that many problems. Best of luck to you though. I play all sides of the fence ;) Vista, XP, and Mac- I've used it all, and like them all. :)

Damn. Not good my friend. Are you using XP Home or Pro?? That's surprising. I'm a serious power user and abuse the hell out of Windows at times, and I never have that many problems. Best of luck to you though. I play all sides of the fence ;) Vista, XP, and Mac- I've used it all, and like them all. :)

Its XP Home. I tried Vista worked well for a time but then it said i have to change hardware. tried XP Pro and Mediia Center also but didn't it like it that much. So i am switching to Mac :D

Its XP Home. I tried Vista worked well for a time but then it said i have to change hardware. tried XP Pro and Mediia Center also but didn't it like it that much. So i am switching to Mac :D

...and there's your problem! Lol. Home isn't that great. My XP Home desktop recently died. Pro is what I use now, and for me, it's great. It has all the functionality I want and need. Vista looks pretty and is like XP with a different skin. I never used Media Center edition. It looked too much like XP Home to me. Macs are rock solid! I like the fact that they have a UNIX core. I wish, really wish, that Windows had that too. At the same time though, it makes me wonder. What has Apple really done other than create a really nice GUI? I know they've done a lot more than that, but specifically what? ...or is that all?

...and there's your problem! Lol. Home isn't that great. My XP Home desktop recently died. Pro is what I use now, and for me, it's great. It has all the functionality I want and need. Vista looks pretty and is like XP with a different skin. I never used Media Center edition. It looked too much like XP Home to me. Macs are rock solid! I like the fact that they have a UNIX core. I wish, really wish, that Windows had that too. At the same time though, it makes me wonder. What has Apple really done other than create a really nice GUI? I know they've done a lot more than that, but specifically what? ...or is that all?

I would agree with you.

shhh! dont give away company secrets! lol