Pictomio 1.0 Final released

Hmm, seems like a nice program. But I get chinese (?) language all the time.. even after I found the settings using the FAQ on their homepage and changed it.

Anyone got any ideas how to solve it?

I'm cmopletely unable to run this program, at the end of install I get some compile error, and it crashes every time I try to start it, doesn't work first, second third or fourth time.

Impressed by program, tho it did crash at first run, but second was fine. I would use this program if it had image adjustment tools like Windows Live Photogallery or Picasa.

After a day of using it, I'm over it...a bit gimmicky. Picasa fills my needs of beautiful UI and Irfanview for that "down and dirty gets the job done". Ive also begun to like Vista's Photo Gallery.

Installed and opened fine.

I clicked on the maximize button and the friggin program crashed on first run!

Sadly for them it will not get a second try as I uninstall all programs that don't work on the first attempt.

So much for Vista compatibility.

Next! :sleep:

I usually just go to my Pictures folder, and then double click on a photo file to open it (default Windows Photo viewed) and then use left-right arrow to view my album.. why bother with programs like Picasa or this? ^^

I haven't tried this particular app out yet, but Picassa has built in tools that allow you to make minor adjustments to the picture as well. You can also tag the photo with meta data so that you can search for it later. The interface is a bit faster than the Windows Explorer interface too.

You can get through minor edits on 100's of photos much quicker with a program like Picassa than you can with Explorer + some editing program (at least in my experience).

Didn't crash for me, but it's got a ugly UI.

What may make it better is that it is GPU driven by Directx API so that may be what sells it while Picsa is driven mostly by the CPU

We should judge photo editing/display software based on how well it displays/edits photos, not the technological way it draws the preview.

Fun stuff.

It loads, and shows you the sub folders of your Home folder, but doesn't show you the contents of your home folder.

And then it crashed on me.

The interface was pretty weird.

No raw support, crashes frequently and the UI isn't very elegant; it wastes a lot of screen space.

I expected the performance to be better considering its hardware accelerated but I was disapointed. (I have an 8600gt too.)

Uninstalled.

I haven't tried this particular app out yet, but Picassa has built in tools that allow you to make minor adjustments to the picture as well. You can also tag the photo with meta data so that you can search for it later. The interface is a bit faster than the Windows Explorer interface too.

You can get through minor edits on 100's of photos much quicker with a program like Picassa than you can with Explorer + some editing program (at least in my experience).

That's great, but maybe you should give this software a chance before trumpeting Picasa. Pictomia is worthy of installation before posting. It's obvious the developers have put a lot of work into this. It's one of the best programs I've seen thus far to be written with WPF and free.

That's great, but maybe you should give this software a chance before trumpeting Picasa. Pictomia is worthy of installation before posting. It's obvious the developers have put a lot of work into this. It's one of the best programs I've seen thus far to be written with WPF and free.

It's not written with WPF.

Unless they packaged it and made it work with .NET 2.0

I just installed this program, and I'm fairly impressed with it. I'm running it in XP with a Radeon x300/550 series card. It's not completely smooth, but it does run pretty well. I'm anxious to try it in Vista with an 8800GT tonight when I get home. I didn't hae any stability issues whatsoever, but it might be a different story in Vista, since it sounds like the majority of you guys that are experiencing crashes are using Vista.

It's not written with WPF.

Unless they packaged it and made it work with .NET 2.0

*blink* In that case, they really went to a lot of trouble. I assumed it was written with WPF! That's almost like reinventing the wheel, but WPF has some major hardware acceleration limitations in XP, so maybe that's the reason it's not a WPF app.

Lots of people (for unknown reasons) skin their programs, this isn't an exception.

It's also not an exception in that it doesn't look good either.

For some odd reason, I can't seem to actually view my photos, it's just a black empty box where the larger photo should be... running a Geforce 7600 512MB.

Works now.. go figure. o_o

Edited by -Hiroshi-