Iron Man (2008)

Got back from seeing Iron Man about an hour ago. Absolutely amazing. Quite a few laugh-out-loud moments, great special effects, and magnificent acting by Robert Downey Jr. to top it all off. Highly recommended.

Plus, make sure to stay after the credits for a bonus scene that, if you're a comic book geek like me, will knock your socks off.

I didn't get to watch the scene after the credits though :( It is a pretty good movie and yeah, I loved Liked Downey Jr's acting a lot.

I liked the scene when Stark tested the new Ironman suit the best and when he calmly blasts the tank. Very nice special effects :)

The after-credits scene, if you missed it:

Stark returns home to find Jarvis deactivated. A figure begins speaking and steps out of the shadows: it's Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson), who begins to tell Stark about the Avengers Initiative. End scene.

Watched it last night with my gf and we were both blasted away by this cool movie. Downey Jr just nailed Tony Stark perfectly and the supporting cast is also damn good, the action was damn cool, the VFX are awesome ( Another Oscar for ILM ? ) and Teh Armor was so impressive .

I can't wait for a next episode !

Surpassed all of my expectations. The special effects blew me away!

Agreed, I saw the first show last night and enjoyed it. Was presented in DLP digital projection (3rd movie I've seen in digital format).

There were many parts during the movie where the audience reacted, such as references to the comic book such as the S.H.I.E.L.D. reference and the amusing parts like the pole dancing stewardesses on Stark's plane.

Loved it.. a lot better than I expected.

Iron Man : My Thoughts

Went and saw the new movie Iron Man tonight. Wasn't really sure if I wanted to see it in the theater at all, looked freakin awesome from its trailers no doubt, but ehh looks like your typical big summer blockbuster action flick. Read some reviews this morning tho, they seem to be pretty flowing with positive for it, FirstShowing.net gave it a straight 10, so figured well if its really that good then I have to see it.

Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow were both very very good in it I should say first, I've got to give it that. They were both perfect castings for their characters, and really had good chemistry between them. Downey Jr. especially, delivers a stellar performance, that really saves the film from being just average I think.

Overall, I'd say it was exactly what I was expecting, your typical big summer blockbuster action flick, and not really much more. I guess I was just actually kind of expecting more after the reviews I read. It was a very good film, don't get me wrong, but I felt it was pretty standard for your big summer movie season action flick. Take a decent story line, add loads of fantastic visual effects, stuff blowing up, and don't forget the plenty of little lines here n there that give you a laugh too. A good director could pretty much make one of these summer action movies by just following a checklist. Iron Man adheres to the standard big action flick checklist pretty well. Its a very good film, and definitely a bit above par for the type, but ehh, I was just expecting a bit more.

I wouldn't give it a 10, no, definitely not, maybe a 8.5.

SPOILERS BELOW

After thinking about it a bit more too, what the film really needed was a better villain. Spoiler warning, it was the vice president of his own company, that was selling weapons to terrorists secretly, and paid those terrorists to capture Stark and try to kill him. He builds his own suit once he figures out what Stark is up to with his suit, and they battle it out in the end. He doesn't even really become "the villain" until he puts on the other suit, which doesn't happen until about 20 minutes before the end. I think actually, yea, that specifically is what let me down a little about this film, what a weak villain.

Even my Mum said it was fantastic. I've never read the comics, and I found the movie extremely predictable, but that in no way made it any worse. Great movie...great effects...epic win suit. I'd give it a 9/10.

I thought it was great, most of the film manage to stay quite down to earth more like batman begins style while still being more funny but not in the usual ridiculous way. Still i felt the end let it down, they really needed a different villain or at least a different final battle it just reminded me of the standard big summer blockbuster end fight sequence when the rest of the film was so much more.

After the post credit bit we can only hope the sequel will not be: Ironman 2 - Snakes on a Helicarrier

Spiderman a much better.....

In Spiderman there are more emotion, Spiderman is more simple, no technology, etc.....

Iron Man is to much....

How it's possible to create a M1 Robots in Afghanistan, with only some piece of metal.....

It's a Good film but with too technology...I prefer simplicity of Spiderman. In Iron Man I don't have any emotion.

Spiderman is the most human superheroes, and I prefer.

Edited by D!rtySh@dy

How it's possible to create a M1 Robots in Afghanistan, with only some piece of metal.....

Serious? And how is it possible to get super powers from a spider bite? It's called comics for a reason. Just wow...

Saw it last night. Great movie (8/10), but it felt more like a prologue. Looking forward for more Ironman.

Saw it at a midnight premier. GREAT MOVIE. All the tech gadgets where superb, the theater was filled with emotion everybody was just in awe of the movie. I give it a 10/10. I never read the comics and have only a faint memory of cartoons, but this movie really blew me away it was everything I had hoped for and more. I can't wait for the sequel.

Next movie on my viewing list is the Dark Knight.

Spiderman a much better.....

In Spiderman there are more emotion, Spiderman is more simple, no technology, etc.....

Iron Man is to much....

It's a Good film but with too technology...I prefer simplicity of Spiderman. In Iron Man I don't have any emotion.

Spiderman is the most human superheroes, and I prefer.

Iron Man is about technology. Without technology, there would be no Iron Man. Unlike Spiderman, Iron Man doesn't have any super powers. The only power he has is from the suit. Also, I don't understand what you meant about "I don't have any emotion".

Anyway, the movie was great. I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it. I was a fan of the old cartoon when I was younger but I never got a chance to read the comics. Fortunately for me I did understand the part about S.H.I.E.L.D. and it surprised me. The only thing I regret was not seeing the clip after the credits. I knew I should have waited.

Don't want to be a killjoy, but don't you think you're giving it a little too much credit? It was your average American movie, fun and light. The comic relief was mostly fun (i actually lolled when the waitresses pole-danced on the plane), but that alone (even with the vfx) does not warrant giving it a score of 9/10 out of 10.

Don't want to be a killjoy, but don't you think you're giving it a little too much credit? It was your average American movie, fun and light. The comic relief was mostly fun (i actually lolled when the waitresses pole-danced on the plane), but that alone (even with the vfx) does not warrant giving it a score of 9/10 out of 10.

You do realize an opinion can't be incorrect, right? Maybe this movie wasn't that great for you, but we can give it whatever score we'd like and we shouldn't have to explain why. The movie was most certainly a 9/10 for me.

Some people are claiming that this movie its on par with Batman Beigns. its really THAT good? :o