8 million by Oct 1st 2008 & Win!

Can we do it?  

958 members have voted

1. 1. 8 million posts by Oct 1st 2008

• No Chance!
    • Yep, no problem

My fellow Neowinians, we are coming upon an unprecedented time in our lives. Change is in the air, new things are on the horizon. No longer will we dwell among the lower levels of the Internet. No longer will we be bound to traditional forums. No longer will be sit by as the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. I know we can do better, I know we can hit eight million posts before October. Come on, say it with me, YES WE CAN! Thank you Neowin, God bless!

Ya, just adding a +1 but going to disguise it as encouragment to all other forum members.

We can do it guys! Just keep on posting!

+1 :woot:

Ya, just adding a +1 but going to disguise it as encouragment to all other forum members.

We can do it guys! Just keep on posting!

+1 :woot:

But - will we make it to 8 million before 10/1, or ...

8,888,888 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Still think we should go beat the people who said no with a keyboard, but maybe that's just me, talk about no community spirit, lol.

And hey, if we need to make up a few hundred posts, we can just make a "8 million posts" topic like 7 and 6 million ones where everyone ends up posting constantly trying to be the millionth poster. :p

If you were able to identify the user who posts the 8 millionth post message

then he could be a good choice for the winner.

then it would be funny if the person who made that post was a newbie 1st poster. lol What are the odds?

I just realized that Neowin will be 8 years old on October 1st 2008, wouldn't it be great if we can also hit 8 million posts by then!

Today, the stats are as follows ...

post-2-1210156681.png

Yes we can!

If we make it, I will randomly select an active poster (the coders can help me with that) and send them a retail copy of Windows Vista Ultimate (x86 or x64)

I'm out of the competition!

sweet as i'm in for contributing. :p

Just as long as it isn't a battle for who can make their post count to 8 million otherwise hum or rappy win and we can go home lol :(

Beh, I don't care about Vista Ultimate.

Maybe because your desktop would have a hard time running it :p. I hated Vista before Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 and my new computer :D

[adds one to the post count]