Neowin still #1 for Tech Support

Sorted by "Posts", I don't see Rappy's spamming as Tech Support :p

Look a bit further down the list and you'll notice BudMan, whose 12,000-something posts are excellent tech support.

Speaking for the Alternative Community, Neowin is more than a Windows support site. ;)

Either way, great to see!

You are from the alternative community on the "good side of the tracks".

From the "freeloader-hippy side of slackers" side, let me say that Neowin is my first Linux site (though I do also visit Ubuntu site most days).

Neowin just rocks with technical expertise and community strength that can't be matched in a pure tech site or a pure social site. (Y)

You are from the alternative community on the "good side of the tracks".

From the "freeloader-hippy side of slackers" side, let me say that Neowin is my first Linux site (though I do also visit Ubuntu site most days).

Neowin just rocks with technical expertise and community strength that can't be matched in a pure tech site or a pure social site. (Y)

I have to agree with you Mark, other sites try to clone what Neowin is, however you can't beat the original Neowin site. Neowin-One.

(Y) When i was really active in the Hardware Hangout, i would get quite a few PM's asking for help.

I used to be really active in Windows Support, specifically Windows NT4/2000/XP Client. It felt like a fruitless endeavour when people would rarely reply to their own threads after I tried my best to help. :(

I'm glad that Neowin is still #1 for tech support. Oh how I remember the resident one post wonders thanking me. Those were the good days.

I used to be really active in Windows Support, specifically Windows NT4/2000/XP Client. It felt like a fruitless endeavour when people would rarely reply to their own threads after I tried my best to help. :(

I'm glad that Neowin is still #1 for tech support. Oh how I remember the resident one post wonders thanking me. Those were the good days.

With you on this one! It's the way the world has gone, no common courtesy around anymore! :(

Yes, that Prison Talk forum has been on the list for a while.

Just had a look at it and there is Computer & Technical Help sub forum there but the rest is regular prison stuff.

And no, there aren't any threads about how to kill a prison guard with a USB stick.

And once again, quantity is NOT quality.

There are more people here who want to talk about "help me do my homework" or "i think amerika is sooo rwong for wot they do in iraq" or "I'm bored, help me be a human being" instead of tech support.

I've been a member for years, and I must admit that I rank here very low for quality of tech support (unless you call "Vista sux, disable UAC, XP rox! :D" tech support). I'd most likely sooner search the back of my refridgerator than here!

It is like I've said on one or two occasions about the board stats at the top. They mean diddly-squat without any measure of quality. Throw in the number of warnings issued, the number of threads closed/deleted, and the number of bans issued, and then we have figures that mean something.

Well, why not stop bitching so much and concentrate on being a valuable contributor. I agree with you regarding the halfwitted posts that clog-up the board, but the worst can be easily overcome by adhering to the qualities of the best.

Jumble the first three letters of 'Neo' round, what do ya get? ...

'One' for number one! & neoWin, because we have WON that!

Fan-tastic!

I still don't like the description on that stats site though, it's a little misleading, because Neowin isn't really just about the Windows OS, is it? :/ it's a lot more than that! :p

----------------

Now playing on iTunes: The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement

via FoxyTunes

Yes, that Prison Talk forum has been on the list for a while.

Just had a look at it and there is Computer & Technical Help sub forum there but the rest is regular prison stuff.

And no, there aren't any threads about how to kill a prison guard with a USB stick.

Is that the same thing as giving someone a cake with a dongle in it :laugh:

lol as much as I love Neowin and it's really the ONLY other board I frequent, besides my own guild forums and the Jeep forums, I do thing that list doesn't mean jack... I mean look at it.. Look at the others, NONE of them are about tech news or anything.....