Cannot paste youtube links on MSN chats?

Question

Can you still paste the full link of youtube on your MSN conversation with friends?

I thought I was the only one but my friend can't too.

* The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtFMylC41VU

only when i removed the "www" and paste "youtube.com/watch?v=dtFMylC41VU" then it works.

Just tested it and it doesn't work. Sure you can just remove the www or use tinyurl but we shouldn't have to. Somehow I suspect this is another idiotic idea from Steve Ballmer.

Yeah, and next they'll block tinyurl. ######. :rolleyes:

Times like this I'd wish they stick to software and software only, and stop screwing around with web-based services.

This is now ****ing amazing. Just found out about it while I was reading another news page. We could use this story in the frontpage, you know, because Microsoft employees visit this website...

cant believe so many people are crying because they cant send youtube links via msn. until its fixed just remove the www prefix.

Mediafire's still blocked, but:

Alright then. Glad it's fixed.

Well IM is one of the biggest ways to catch viruses and spyware, so maybe this is just a security tweak gone awry.

Well IM is one of the biggest ways to catch viruses and spyware, so maybe this is just a security tweak gone awry.

SSSSSSSSSSSure.

What's this all about?

I send youtube links to my sister over messenger and I do not have any issues.

Perhaps your messenger settings is preventing those links from being sent out.

This thread needs to be closed. Don't post if it works for you anymore because it has since been fixed and no one should have any problems anymore.

YouTube, Deviantart and others sites are working inside wlm when sending links in messages...

Maybe there is some kind of system error or maybe a phishing outbreak that uses those sites...

However, it is funny that many people think that the world is ending because of this. I think we should wait and see how this evolves ( i do believe some users are suffering this, but i have yet to hear it from someone i know).

http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/Blog/...y?wa=wsignin1.0

As some of you noticed, we had a problem from Friday night to Saturday morning where our Messenger service was incorrectly blocking some legitimate IP addresses. We sincerely apologize for any difficulties this caused our users. And we want to thank those of you that reported this problem to us so that we could quickly fix it. Because of your help, the incorrect block was only in place for a few hours.

As you can imagine, we are very serious about our efforts to block virus, malware and other harmful URLs from being passed on to our users. And we're continually working to improve this process so that we can keep our users safe without having a negative impact on your Messenger service.

There have been some pretty outlandish speculations on what happened so I'd like to give you some facts about our process for trying to block unsafe URLs and about what happened Friday night:

* There are a number of factors that can be used to determine whether a URL is potentially harmful: number of times a URL is sent, the frequency of the URL being sent, the number of accounts the URL is sent from, manually checking the URL, comparing with other "block lists", etc.

* When a URL is deemed harmful, a block can be instated for a specific URL (i.e. www.<domain>.com/<page>) or an entire domain (i.e. *.<domain>.com)

* This entire process for Messenger is managed by a 3rd party that is a Microsoft partner

* On Friday, Microsoft did not request to block any of the URLs that were accidentally blocked

* The blocks were made by our partner as a result of their process to block harmful URLs

* We are still investigating the specific reason our partner made these incorrect blocks and we will work with them to improve their process for detecting harmful URLs while not blocking safe ones

they block dyndns website too. I'm trying to paste this link "http://cdn.dyndns.com/windows/DynUpSetup.exe" which is a link to the official dyndns update and I can't. Even if I remove the http:// so it's not a link, the message will simply not pass... m$ is going a bit too far with that, at least give me an option. The worst is that I don't get any error message saying my link didn't past, the other simply don't receive any message that contain the link...

ok, update on that. I manage to paste my link, the problem was that it was ending with a .exe file. But, there is other website that I cannot past like my game server from no-ip which is shadowninja.servegame.com. This is actually a port 80 redirection link from no-ip and msn refuse to do it

Thanks for the heads up. And the thread resurrection.

No problem, and I like my resurrecting thread then double-posting thread ;) Search option is such a beautiful invention.

No problem, and I like my resurrecting thread then double-posting thread ;) Search option is such a beautiful invention.

Fair enough, but this is a 6 month old thread that was created for the purpose of bitching about youtube not working :p

Glad you got the issue sorted though :)