nVidia GeForce 175.16 WHQL Drivers

Windows XP

• WHQL Certified for Windows XP
  • Supports GeForce FX, 6, 7, 8, and 9 series GPUs including these newly released GPUs:
    o GeForce 9800 GX2
    o GeForce 9800 GTX
    o GeForce 9600 GT
    o GeForce 9600 GSO
    o GeForce 8300
    o GeForce 8200/ nForce 730a
    o GeForce 8100/NVIDIA nForce 720a
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI? technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
  • Adds new PureVideo HD features for GeForce 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX, 9600 GT and 9600 GSO:
    o Dynamic Contrast Enhancement
    o Dynamic Blue, Green & Skin Tone Enhancements
    o Dual-Stream Decode Acceleration**
  • Improved performance on many DirectX 9 and OpenGL applications.
  • Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
  • Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver.
  • GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring is available by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.

Site

Download: 32bit | 64bitVistab>

• WHQL Certified for Windows Vista
  • Supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, and 9 series GPUs including these newly released GPUs:
    o GeForce 9800 GX2
    o GeForce 9800 GTX
    o GeForce 9600 GT
    o GeForce 9600 GSO
    o GeForce 8300
    o GeForce 8200/ nForce 730a
    o GeForce 8100/nForce 720a
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI? technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including Quad SLI technology with GeForce 9800 GX2 and 3-way SLI Technology with GeForce 9800 GTX.
  • Supports Hybrid SLI technology to turbo-charge graphics performance and enjoy intelligent power management on the following motherboards:
    o nForce 780a SLI
    o nForce 750a SLI
    o nForce 730a
    o nForce 720a
    o GeForce 8300
    o GeForce 8200
    o GeForce 8100
  • Supports GeForce Boost, a Hybrid SLI Technology, on the following GPUs:
    o GeForce 8500 GT
    o GeForce 8400 GS
  • Supports HybridPower, a Hybrid SLI Technology, on the following GPUs:
    o GeForce 9800 GX2
    o GeForce 9800 GTX
  • Adds support for NVIDIA GeForce 3D Stereo Technology
  • Adds new PureVideo HD features for GeForce 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX, 9600 GT and 9600 GSO:
    o Dynamic Contrast Enhancement
    o Dynamic Blue, Green & Skin Tone Enhancements
    o Dual-Stream Decode Acceleration*
    o Microsoft Vista Aero display mode compatibility for Blu-ray & HD DVD playback*
  • Added the following pages to the NVIDIA Control Panel:
    o Manage Custom Resolutions
    o Adjust Television Color Settings
    o Adjust Screen Size and Position
    o Move CRT Position
  • Improved performance on many DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.
  • Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
  • Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
  • GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring is available by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.

Download: 32bit | 64bit

Whoops... didn't see this thread: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=636727

please close

Sweet! fresh install of vista on one machine tomorrow and a shiny new 8600GT with updated drivers to boot :) Cheers for the info and link WD

It will not install on a Geforce 7600 GS.

I have that graphics card and installation went without a hitch.

I have that graphics card and installation went without a hitch.

I tried several times. Are you running Vista? This is what I get:

Nv.png

just installed on vista64 with 8800gt 512mb.. so far so good but noticed device manager showing 3 files not signed. does anyone else have this or is it just me?

capturezf7.jpg

i just formatted about 4 days ago

and i installed v169.25 cause when i selected nvidia 7 Series on the nvidia site thats wat version it told me to download

should i download this update version for my Gigabyte 7600GT?

i just formatted about 4 days ago

and i installed v169.25 cause when i selected nvidia 7 Series on the nvidia site thats wat version it told me to download

should i download this update version for my Gigabyte 7600GT?

Try it, it may work for you. It has worked for others but some are getting the same error as me. You can always revert back to 169.25.

just installed and so far so good. I had a long time nvidia released some official WHQL drivers.

What ever happened to the days when they'd review new driver releases so we could get an idea if it was worth updating or not?

I'd like to see if they have any performance boosts or if they're just fixing bugs that I may or may not suffer from.

What ever happened to the days when they'd review new driver releases so we could get an idea if it was worth updating or not?

I'd like to see if they have any performance boosts or if they're just fixing bugs that I may or may not suffer from.

Plenty of forums will carry conversations comparing benchmarks and the like for even minor beta releases. maybe neowin just isnt the right forum for it but. For those sort of things I personally look at hardforums.com or something where it seems to me that a higher percentage of the users are hardware enthusiast.

It's interesting to me to see how many people are having issues with these. I reinstalled Vista yesterday and updated to these drivers, and I have to say I'm impressed. I usually avoid "stock" drivers, but these actually run fairly well for me. Nvidia just might be on to something...

A % of people will always have some problems. It's just the nature of the PC industry with all it's different hardware setups. If we had a smaller list of hardware to pick from in the different categories I'm sure we wouldn't come up against all these weird/odd errors.