Pompey v Cardiff FA Cup Final

Will be watching this at my local with some friends. I am a Pompey fan and I hope we lift the cup today. It belongs in England, not Wales!

Wtf. How can you say it belongs in England. If a Welsh team are allowed to enter the competition then they obviously have the right to win it, and obviously take it back to Wales (Like we did in 1927). :D

Oh and yes, I'm a Cardiff City supporter and I'll be cheering them on all the way!

Cymru Am Byth!

Sorry Neobond, but I am rooting for Cardiff today!

Simply because of Robbie (who is not playing, which I am gutted about), and the fact that Cardiff are not in the Premier League.

Should be a great match though!

It belongs in England, not Wales!

Haha yes. Come on Pompey!

Well done Portsmouth! It was a lovely change to have some of other teams in the final for once.

By the way, did anyone get memories of "there will be four minutes of added......GERRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDDDDDD!!", when they announced there would be four minutes of added time :laugh:?

Looked as though Cardiff could have got a sneaky last minute goal, but the boys in blue came through. Nice one Pompey

Wtf. How can you say it belongs in England. If a Welsh team are allowed to enter the competition then they obviously have the right to win it, and obviously take it back to Wales (Like we did in 1927). :D

Oh and yes, I'm a Cardiff City supporter and I'll be cheering them on all the way!

Cymru Am Byth!

Only reason your team can enter, is, Wales is a principality of England.

1927, the ball was out of play for an Arsenal goal kick, so you should never had won it and also we were rebuilding our squad

after the great war so had poor players.

<-- live in Gunwharf and there are a bunch of ###### making a lot of noise down there now... i'm not going to be able to sleep tonight :(

On another note... pompey win :D

This match was a joke. It needed abit of luck for Portmouth to win this final but i don't think it is something they derserve. Anyone who thought this final was any different because outsiders got there unlike the usual are kidding themselves. I thought this was a very dull and awful display by Portsmouth and i have to say they were lucky to come out on top.

Cardiff didn't create an awful lot but they had much more posession.

The occasion got to Harry Redknapp, he even spoke to the BBC! :laugh:

I think it was a mediocre final. Liverpool vs. West Ham 2006 - Now that was a final, trust us Hammers to put on a damn good show! :D

Cardiff may have done well, but again like west brom, they could not change it enough to make it a problem for pompey, it wasn't untill they end they put on pressure. Pompey in the second half dealt with the balls over the top to the forwards easy enough. Our midfield was able to get out of situations when closed down, but the cardiff defence held strong and did stop up advancing, yet we did open them a few times. Tell you the truth I was rather anoyed at the Cardiff players, I thought they went down to easy where as the likes of Diarra and Muntari like to be taken on in tight situations.

The occasion got to Harry Redknapp, he even spoke to the BBC! :laugh:

I think it was a mediocre final. Liverpool vs. West Ham 2006 - Now that was a final, trust us Hammers to put on a damn good show! :D

1979 cup final was probably the best in my life time, 1968 to PD.

Arsenal won also, so that helps.

<-- live in Gunwharf and there are a bunch of ###### making a lot of noise down there now... i'm not going to be able to sleep tonight :(

On another note... pompey win :D

Wow must be rich to live in Gunwharf ;)

I was gonna go down there today but didn't want to travel if I was going to drink!

I live in southsea and the place went absolutely nuts earlier. Big screen down on the common showing the game, BBC was down here filming the crowd as well. Huge clean up operation needed before the trophy parade tomorrow though.

Gun wharf prices last time I looked started from about 200k, a good price considering the location!

I suppose so theres a new building there that is quite cheap if you have money to burn.

Gutted. Had a great day out mind you, and even though we lost, I'm extremely proud of our team. Considering we so close to going out of business 2 months ago, It's a huge achievement for us just to be at the final. I would have jumped at the chance of being in the final if someone had told me at the start of the season.

@ martyn, yeah, I was a bit gutted about robbie not even being on the bench too. Was sure it was written in the script for him to come on and score the winner lol. And again, yea, with the 4 minutes injury time, I thought we may have a chance to sneak one it. But alas, it wasn't to be.

Some of you may recognise what I'm about to say from a couple of other forums, but it still applies here.

Well done pompey!

In the end you deserved it. We had a good start, probably too good actually, and run out of ideas pretty quickly. Enckleman had a pretty poor game IMO, and we just couldn't finish in front of goal. The fact we didn't close you down didn't help us at all either.

Want to give a thumbs up to your fans though. Had some good banter with them in the traffic jams going to wembley, then outside the stadium too. All in good spirits, and not taking anything too seriously. Managed to get a few to do the ayatollah too lol. And I've since read reports on the cardiff city forum about a load of pompey fans clapping cardiff fans outside the stadium and in the car park. Thank you!

In all, even though we lost, I enjoyed the occasion. Its not every day you get to support you own team at an FA cup final (unless you follow one of the big four lol).

One last thing before I go. You may have the cup, but you still don't have your clock back :p :devil:

Edited by WelshBluebird