[Ext] Glasser - Add Vista Glass to Firefox

Another update? I've just installed it on my girlfriends laptop and the start of favicon is curved. I like it :D
Well actually, I've just closed and reopened Firefox and it's back to being square...weird?!

I'd like the code to get rid of the white toolbar also.

No no. It is the text of the menu-bar which I want to turn white. lol.

Here is the code to get rid of the white background:

/* Makes the menubar background transparent when using the Glasser extension */

#toolbar-menubar {
  background: none !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #file-menu,
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #edit-menu,
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #view-menu,
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #history-menu,
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #bookmarksMenu,
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #tools-menu,
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #helpMenu {
   color: #FFFFFF !important;
}

Hope that helps you?

----------------

Now playing on iTunes: Terence Jay - One Blood

via FoxyTunes

Another update? I've just installed it on my girlfriends laptop and the start of favicon is curved. I like it :D

Yeah, the glasser ext. breaks the rounded look. Any chance of fixing it 6XGate

Yeah, the glasser ext. breaks the rounded look. Any chance of fixing it 6XGate

I think it looks much better without the rounded look when it is glass. I'm sure 6XGate has done it on purpose to make it look better and the location and search bars look amazing with this extesion, the way they have that slight glow on the outside, etc.

I think it looks much better without the rounded look when it is glass. I'm sure 6XGate has done it on purpose to make it look better and the location and search bars look amazing with this extesion, the way they have that slight glow on the outside, etc.

I have to agree... makes it look more native :)

are you going to put the extension on mozilla.org?

I will when AMO will actually except the Firefox version range in the extension.

Yeah the rounded look would look like crap with glasser, definitely agree with 6xgate, it looks much more native and fits in with the glass look far better.

Mine is squared.

111.png

Just to give everyone a heads up about a userstyle I came across for the Stylish extension.

It changes the who of the UI (icons, throbber, etc) to look exactly like (or 90% similar to, lol) Internet Explorer 7! (and let's face it, if you want native, you can't get more native than that ;))

It only works if you have both Glasser and Firefox 3 installed.

I like it, it really does look so much like IE7 and very native; however, I am not currently using it, because I don't care about it being toooo native and I love Firefox 3's default theme at the moment. The only thing that could have made this style better would have been to give it a tab-bar just like IE7's (although that has nothing to do with nativity - it was just a UI style chosen by MS... it's the glass and icons that are nativity :p)

Here is a link to the userstyle: http://userstyles.org/styles/7359

It will look better on yours than it does on the screenshot believe me ;)

Edited by cJr.

Just to give everyone a heads up about a userstyle I came across for the Stylish extension.

Not bad at all! But how do I get the 'Menu' to show that way?

I have to agree... makes it look more native :)

I will when AMO will actually except the Firefox version range in the extension.

What version range are you using?, AMO's got 3.0.* on the site.

It changes the who of the UI (icons, throbber, etc) to look exactly like (or 90% similar to, lol) Internet Explorer 7! (and let's face it, if you want native, you can't get more native than that ;))

It only works if you have both Glasser and Firefox 3 installed.

I like it, it really does look so much like IE7 and very native; however, I am not currently using it, because I don't care about it being toooo native and I love Firefox 3's default theme at the moment. The only thing that could have made this style better would have been to give it a tab-bar just like IE7's (although that has nothing to do with nativity - it was just a UI style chosen by MS... it's the glass and icons that are nativity :p)

Here is a link to the userstyle: http://userstyles.org/styles/7359

Yeah I LOVE this user style, the native vista back forward buttons loom MUCH better than mozilla's. I understand the concept of the keyhole thing but those icons just aren't very good quality, they are kind of blurry and seem rushed, although the rest of the firefox icons are alright.

Yeah I LOVE this user style, the native vista back forward buttons loom MUCH better than mozilla's. I understand the concept of the keyhole thing but those icons just aren't very good quality, they are kind of blurry and seem rushed, although the rest of the firefox icons are alright.

meh, I was thinking that the back and forward buttons looked fine (the keyhole thing only, because the 'small' size sucks), and I hated all the other ones

Ever since the "vista skin" debuted, I wondered whey the hell would they go for "all blue" icons. Weeks later, I fired up windows media player and the answer was right on front of my eyes.

With glasser, the blue icons make a little more sense. But I'm sure something like the tango icons would look even better :D

Not bad at all! But how do I get the 'Menu' to show that way?

2nd that.. How did he get the menu button to be where it is and such?

7359_after.png

2nd that.. How did he get the menu button to be where it is and such?

7359_after.png

probably using personal menu and just dragging and dropping the 'menu' item there. personal menu has two logos for 'menu', one graphical and one text.

probably using personal menu and just dragging and dropping the 'menu' item there. personal menu has two logos for 'menu', one graphical and one text.

There is an extension called menu editor that will permit some UI tweaks.

Brilliant.

Can anybody please give me the CSS code to make the text of the menubar white please?

The code in the last thread doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks.

This is the code i'm using in Stylish, but you should also be able to add it to the UserChrome...

#toolbar-menubar .menubar-text
{
color: white !important;
}