31 days of the dragon - Winners!

i'll be the moany one and say he shud be disqualified because he didnt follow rules (1.4mb file)

:laugh:

If I had to to say something, Id say the following:

1: This guy is professional....Top notch audio system, top notch production.....etc. I think he could have bought the laptop himself and for a few others on Neowin and still have money.

2: There was more than one person involved

3: He really didn't say what he would do with his pet dragon; He just invented a story.

It was very good, very well produced, but I think there were a couple better entrys (excluding mine)

The shortlist should have been posted and in a period of days, member's would (tracking IPs) vote on the shortlist.

Nonetheless, good job to dustino71

If I had to to say something, Id say the following:

1: This guy is professional....Top notch audio system, top notch production.....etc. I think he could have bought the laptop himself and for a few others on Neowin and still have money.

2: There was more than one person involved

3: He really didn't say what he would do with his pet dragon; He just invented a story.

I'm not going to critisise him because even my own one skirted around the subject, and no one should be critisised for making something good, because it's not a "who made the audio file that sounds like this person really needs a new computer" competition! :D

...and here I was thinking we were going to avoid the moaning seen post-competition on the other sites.

Please. Be gracious.

Congrats to the winners! I think Neowin got it right, without a doubt they picked deserving winners. This contest was a lot of fun and well worth the time and effort.

The shortlist should have been posted and in a period of days, member's would (tracking IPs) vote on the shortlist.

Too easy to skirt around, and very much subject to fraud by scripting, or conscripting friends to vote multiple times.

It is so easy for people to whine after the fact, rather than starting their own site and hosting a contest like this where they can make up their own rules.

...and here I was thinking we were going to avoid the moaning seen post-competition on the other sites.

Please. Be gracious.

Heh. On the internet, nothing is avoidable. :p

Also, The decision of the staff is final, so I don't understand why people would be whining and stuff, cause no matter what they do, they won't change it :)

Neztea

Hey thanks a ton for the kind messages guys! I've been a reader of neowin for several years now, I don't post all that much on the forums, but love the site. Thanks again to Rob, and all the admins, I jumped out of my chair when I read the winner post on the main page!

Hey thanks a ton for the kind messages guys! I've been a reader of neowin for several years now, I don't post all that much on the forums, but love the site. Thanks again to Rob, and all the admins, I jumped out of my chair when I read the winner post on the main page!

Be sure to post up some pics once you receive it :)

I'm very honored to have made 3rd place. Infact i've never been so happy to make 3rd in my whole life. truthfully I thought I had it in the bag with my death of a dragon. Until I heard Dustio's then I was like... AHHHH $()R*)*#$. :laugh:

But contradulations Dustio, you made one hell of a mp3 :yes:

Then last night I listened to the 2nd place entry and laughed at the end. So far that was my favorite.

Edited by warwagon

Please. Be gracious.

Seriously, anyone else "complaining" that they don't think the winners should have won, will get a swift kick in the arse by yours truly.

Dustino71's was immense.

How long did it take to record/produce etc?

writing and producing and editing total maybe took 3 or 4 hours on and off over 4 days

LOL

everyones all up in arms with my message and i even included a rofl smiley to say that it's a joke, i'm actually just mocking the fact how other sites went all into arguments etc and fights between everyone on who won, who didnt.

Anyways! good job to dustin.

:)

Any information on the equiptment you have, and programs you use, etc

Not your traditional PR man... :D

I can only spin things so much before I just want to tell it like it is ;)