31 days of the dragon - Winners!

"We'll show them - by torching the house!"

Congrats Dustin - you sound like you do voice-over/radio work. True/False?

i know my way around audio so this was kinda up my alley...ive been a neowin reader for a few years, i dont post much on the forums, and was just watching the whole 31 days contest not really thinking i'd enter, to be honest i figured it would be all stuff that i wouldn't really qualify for, but then seeing this one, i kinda thought that i might give it a try...:)

also i DO do voice over work professionally

Edited by dustino71

Hey thanks a ton for the kind messages guys! I've been a reader of neowin for several years now, I don't post all that much on the forums, but love the site. Thanks again to Rob, and all the admins, I jumped out of my chair when I read the winner post on the main page!

Good work Dustin, you definitely deserve 1st prize! :D Warwagon, your entry was also nifty (although "it was aaalllll a dreeeeaaaam" never fails to make my blood boil :p ), and I liked a few of the other musical entries.

As for me, I'm absolutely thrilled - I had no idea there was a second prize! Just want to say thanks to the Neowin team for the opportunity to enter this contest! Although I'd been reading the front page for a while (it's where I learnt about the whole 31 Days of the Dragon contest), I hadn't explored the forums, so thanks for letting new members take part!

lemme just say .. that a friend gave me a link to this site .. and i am really glad that i found this forum .. it has alot of different things mixed in one happy pot .. i will try to participate in the forums and maybe make some new friends .. i think u guyz ruuule

also thanks for making new members participate in the contest that was very big of you guyz ... some would consider it letting leechers get a sweet sweet hp laptop .. but this forum doesnt need some publicity stunt coz it shines on its own

cheers.

Am I late? lol.

If I had a dragon, it would help me get bitches and hoze,

for I have a small weiner (shhh) nobody knows.

We'd be out and about with Jack Daniels in mind.

We'd be keeping eyes out with girls to find..

We'd be famous with fans, and admirer's abound,

We'd be famous and drunk while clowning around.

We'd never get bored as my dragon has skills,

He juggles and sings and never sits still.

He sings Linkin Park and sings like a queer

but I really don't mind cOz he buys the beer.

hmm maybe I should have recorded it because although the winner of this contest did excellent voice-over and sound effects work. the idea wasn't of winning quality. bummer I guess.

Am I late? lol.

If I had a dragon, it would help me get bitches and hoze,

for I have a small weiner (shhh) nobody knows.

We'd be out and about with Jack Daniels in mind.

We'd be keeping eyes out with girls to find..

We'd be famous with fans, and admirer's abound,

We'd be famous and drunk while clowning around.

We'd never get bored as my dragon has skills,

He juggles and sings and never sits still.

He sings Linkin Park and sings like a queer

but I really don't mind cOz he buys the beer.

hmm maybe I should have recorded it because although the winner of this contest did excellent voice-over and sound effects work. the idea wasn't of winning quality. bummer I guess.

looooooooooooooooooool oh omg dude .. that is some sick rhyme .. u should have recorded it dude :D

Congrats Dustino71. You will enjoy this beast, I know I enjoy mine. Well, not so much yet until I finish transferring stuff over and actually try the HDTV/blu-ray and some game that pushes this thing! This thing is really big by the way- like a laptop supersized. Very nice display at 1920x1200.

I should thank Neowin.net by the way. Without you guys I would have never found out about this contest. I was the first winner at AbsoluteVista, in case you're wondering.

Number one sounded like something straight out of a radio commercial. :|

But congrats anyways. :)

looooooooooooooooooool oh omg dude .. that is some sick rhyme .. u should have recorded it dude :D

I cannot even begin to tell you how utterly disappointed I am with the judging to this competition. I wish I could pull that advertisement back up that was originally on the main page that blatantly spoke of being extremely imaginative and the like, to win this competition. I drug my feet and thought to myself that it would take some serious mental creativity (not mad mixing skills) to win that laptop. I wrote my garbage rhyme up in ten minutes. Had I tried and put some of my mixing skills into it, I could have easily won with the idea I really wanted to do with myself, my dragon, and eminem blasting one out on stage (Joe Louis Arena maybe?). I mean seriously, the *imaginative idea* that won this competition was taking the flipping dragon to play rock band? I was actually angry and dejected all at the same time when I found this out. I'm not trying to take away from the guy's mixing skills.. I mean that was beyond professional and I was impressed. I was just under the impression that creativity of what one would ACTUALLY DO with a pet dragon would win. All due respect to the judges of this competition and to the moderators of such an awesome tech site... but this is one pathetic joke. *shrug*

yes, it's all that and I'm also angry with myself. I could have easily won that laptop, had I tried. God Bless and God Speed.

yes, it's all that and I'm also angry with myself. I could have easily won that laptop, had I tried. God Bless and God Speed.

Seriously, just stop.

I cannot even begin to tell you how utterly disappointed I am with the judging to this competition. I wish I could pull that advertisement back up that was originally on the main page that blatantly spoke of being extremely imaginative and the like, to win this competition. I drug my feet and thought to myself that it would take some serious mental creativity (not mad mixing skills) to win that laptop. I wrote my garbage rhyme up in ten minutes. Had I tried and put some of my mixing skills into it, I could have easily won with the idea I really wanted to do with myself, my dragon, and eminem blasting one out on stage (Joe Louis Arena maybe?). I mean seriously, the *imaginative idea* that won this competition was taking the flipping dragon to play rock band? I was actually angry and dejected all at the same time when I found this out. I'm not trying to take away from the guy's mixing skills.. I mean that was beyond professional and I was impressed. I was just under the impression that creativity of what one would ACTUALLY DO with a pet dragon would win. All due respect to the judges of this competition and to the moderators of such an awesome tech site... but this is one pathetic joke. *shrug*

+1

I actually spent a day coming up with my limerick and not having any mixing/audio skills, I kind of felt the same way after listening to that. But, congrats to everyone and esp. to the winners. For those skills, you do deserve that.

I loved the winning entry! :D It was very professional. I'll have to take a look at the second and third place winner's clips soon too. :)

Congratulations!

Smctainsh

Seriously, just stop.

What part of that post bothers you exactly? I feel I have a valid point. I wasn't upset and was excited to see who won. My expectations were very high.. that's all.

What part of that post bothers you exactly? I feel I have a valid point. I wasn't upset and was excited to see who won. My expectations were very high.. that's all.

The part that I bolded. Whenever I see a statement such as that, I just get frustrated.

Sure you say you aren't upset and I will never know, I'm just looking at the context and a lot of people around you who have been complaining non-stop about this competition.

Congrats...very well and professionally done.

Get ready to pay some very nice customs fees upon receiving it (I think around 15% of value or so)...Neowin staff should write "broken laptop - not working, $100" on the customs declaration next time :)

Congrats...very well and professionally done.

Get ready to pay some very nice customs fees upon receiving it (I think around 15% of value or so)...Neowin staff should write "broken laptop - not working, $100" on the customs declaration next time :)

I thought I heard Buzzcorps helps you pay for that.