Sony Introducing Pay For "Exclusive Content" Gaming Program

Buy a PS3 and hope they don't start charging? Are you serious?

So are we in a backwards world all of a sudden, where we'll start paying for every Kb sent over our connections, and hell, maybe we'll have to pay for patches too! Charging just to play online is something the industry will forego, MMO's being the exception for now.

You guys gotta be kidding me. MS is charging and is getting away with it because they CAN, because there is no "real" competition yet. Simple as that, it's not because they have some glorious heavenly servers that compute magical match-making that no one else can, and send messages like no other platform can... Give me a break.

I'm with Audio, the things they're doing, while very solid, can't be too costly, RELATIVE to everything else going on with Ads, Micro-transactions, Hell the money that went into fixing RROD's, etc. etc... They spend a crap load more just advertising in a month I bet (Maybe its the relativity part that people don't understand). Of course I can't give hard numbers/proof, but then again no one else can on here, but how it doesn't make sense to some people on here is beyond me. Hell I yet again bring up Steam, they're bringing match-making, they're bringing the Cloud stuff, which is leaps and bounds of what Live has now, yet... It'll be free! But how can this be?!?! Surely that model can't support itself! Blasphemy! They must start charging soon!

You'd be off your head as MS, if you think when and if Sony's service is on par, or even *gasp* better, you could continue charging for what your direct rivals essentially get for free... That will cause MS a lot of negative attention in the media, and from gamers.

As Sethos said, this doesn't concern them just now as Sonys service is NOT on par with Live, which is why they'll continue charging until it may be, and then they'll see how the gaming world reacts. Many of us predicting the gaming world will react like how I said above. If it does, you can be sure that bit of balance im talking about will be investigated... whether it be by reducing costs/making Live free or trying to offer you more for your money to justify the costs.

Or at least as a basic, they may allow Silver people to play online.... but then I think you'd see Gold subscriptions dropping at a fair pace - I'd happily assume most people only subscribe to gold to get online.

Pretty much what I was saying, just in a different manner :)

Because you dont have a choice, if you want to play online you must pay the fees, not hard to understand is it.

If XBL Gold costed too much, people would forego playing online and MS would figure out pretty fast that they need to lower the price. As it is, people don't seem to mind paying $50/year to play online. I know I don't. Or if anything, they begrudgingly accept it, but they still accept it and that's all there is to understand.

-Spenser

Any idea at what time this will be launched? I just checked in my US PSN store and I cant find it. :)

A little later when the US store updates.

I'll simply say, "not a fan", until I read more about this.

Best way until we see what's on offer. Just remember its optional and takes nothing away from what we already have.

why cant people take a look at Qore like a monthly subscribed magazine with freebies. Many game magazines give pc demos in a cd and have articles and behind the scnes about upcoming games

Qore is exactly like that.

Since noone is forcing you to buy a magazine, they wont force you to purchase Qore

Just relax.. and enough with the conversation.

now. anyone downloaded and watched it yet?

how is the first episode?